“A Mixed Experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
“A Mixed Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Last night my aunt and I tried Kansai. We were greeted and seated promptly. The menu is extensive and overwhelming with all the options. You can choose to eat by a grill and have dinner prepared at your table or order off the menu and the food will be brought to you. Several times we were asked if we needed help with the menu.

I had the mongolian beef with peppers and onions. They used a quality cut of meat which was tender and tasted as if it had been grilled. The peppers and onions were also tender. I chose fried rice for two dollars more. The rice was hot and not of the sticky variety. I love to cook. So for me the mongolian beef, thought tender, had little to no taste. The mongolian beef and rice were items I could prepare at home. Thus I thought for $16.00 my money was not well spent.

My aunt had the bento box. She let me try the tempura which I found bland and tasteless. It did have a good crunch. I sampled her beef with sauce. I found her beef tough and chewy and the sauce too salty. The bento box comes with sticky white rice. The bento box also includes avocado roll and a spicy tuna roll. The highlight of each roll was the rice which was tender. Once again, the rolls had no taste.

Overall the food is attractive but our selections had no taste. Perhaps the Hibachi grill would have been the better way to go. For the costs, there are better options in Louisville.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

louisville, ky
“Half-priced sushi is delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

A friend recommended we try Kansai because all of their sushi is HALF-PRICED...no joke! Everything else on the menu is full-price (Hibachi grill, drinks, appetizers, etc.) but all we ate was sushi and it was DELICIOUS -- my husband loved the Derby ($5) and Yum Yum roll and I had the cucumber and avocado rolls -- each veggie sushi was $2 for 6 pieces. The atmosphere is very fun and relaxing and the restaurant is big so plenty of tables. We will be recommending this place to everyone...can't beat it!

• Visited February 2013