“Yum!”
Review of The Comfy Cow

The Comfy Cow
Ranked #1 of 48 Dessert in Louisville
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Crazy good ice cream and desserts, made from the world's finest ingredients with our own handcrafted touch.
Ney, Ohio, United States
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Great local ice cream place. We would have never found on our own, thanks TripAdvisor for pointing us in their direction. Very friendly staff, took the time to explain everything. Plus you get to try all the flavors! Great place!

Visited May 2014

MA
“Yummy yummy!!!!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Upon walking around our first day in town we landed on this ice cream place! The ice cream was delicious and not very sweet or heavy! The waffle cones were a great addition with the home made ice cream! Great place!

1 Thank HappyMariss
Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
“Love the mint julep ice cream!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I loved the ice cream at the Comfy Cow. I had the Mint Julep. It was yummy and there was a distinct taste of bourbon in the ice cream. All the flavors they offered were very creative and I was allowed to sample as many as I wanted. If I lived in Louisville, I would visit the Comfy Cow all the time.

• Visited May 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great find, home made ice cream, unique flavors, reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stumbled across the Comfy Cow while attending a convention in downtown Louisville. We had to drive a couple of miles but were well rewarded. The staff was friendly, offering a multitude of free samples to the kids in our group. I ordered one scoop of chocolate chip. It was very generous for a single scoop and the chocolate chips were more like chocolate chunks which was fine by me.

There were several unique twists on more conventional flavors such as Cow Tracks, a peanut butter take on traditional Moose Tracks.

Smoothies, sundaes and milk shakes are also available for those who don't want an ice cream cone. They had no difficulty accommodating our group of 15 kids and everybody was served rapidly and efficiently. They were also open until 11pm on Saturday.

The building is a converted older Victorian home and there are several parlors you can sit in to enjoy your ice cream.

About the only negative I have is that parking is limited. The Comfy Cow has about 4 spaces next to it and there is some limited parking on the street, but if you tried to stop here at a busy time, you might have to park some distance away.

Some reviewers have said this place is nothing special, but I don't agree. This is a top notch business serving an excellent product that's sure to please. I've eaten ice cream at a few other places in town and the Comfy Cow is by far the best. It's a Saturday night tradition for our group when we visit Louisville.

• Visited April 2014
“Delectable dairy delights inside a pink palace of plentitude”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

After following the cow hooves to the sweet aroma of waffle cones frying, I sampled a couple different flavors and then I knew which flavor I wanted my waffle cone towered with.

Whether you like the cheesy flavor of 502 Winery wine ice cream or are just a pig seeking the policeman's specialty of coffee-flavored Nord's donut ice cream your flavor is here.

You'll most likely settle on the bourbon ball or Georgia butter pecan and end up with a gut-numbing delight to hobble home to.