“Same kitchen as Roots but fast food”
Review of Heart and Soy

Heart and Soy
Ranked #224 of 1,801 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Vietnamese sandwich we took to go was outstanding and vegan too. If you don't have time for Roots next door this uses the same kitchen but more casual

There are newer reviews for Heart and Soy

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The food at this vegetarian restaruant is delicious and healthy. Good quality. Great service. I like the commiment to quality that makes then create their tofu in-house. The quang's noodles may be my favorite dish. The curry soup is great too. And the pho! Tasty dessert options as well, especially the chocolate peanut butter pie. The highest compliment about this place is that you actually feel better walking about of it (rather than bloated and stuffed) than you do when you walk in.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love coming here in the heart of the Louisville Highlands neighborhood... Great vegan/vegetarian and it's been my experience that omnivorous also enjoy this place... It's really neat for kids to see the tofu machine and it's nice to practice compassion by choosing to not eat animals... CoCo, the owner, is widely know around town for charitable fundraising and commitment to the community...

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We are vegan/vegetarian and we find this restaurant offers the best dishes in this city for us. We have a large selection and wonderful tasting fresh items. We eat there or carry out several times a month. The entire staff is friendly and the owner is a wonderful nice lady.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I came here to try vegetarian Asian cuisine and was very pleasantly surprised that in a Southern city I was able to find some excellent options. Heart & Soy is a sit-down restaurant that offers Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, and Chinese-style dishes using vegetarian and vegan ingredients. I ordered, based on previous reviews, the BBQ Tofu with rice. It was delicious and spicy; served just the way I like it. The pickled vegetable slaw that it came with was also delicious and complemented the entree nicely.

Although I could manage paying the $8.50 for a vegetarian dish in a neighborhood dominated by rib and beef BBQ joints, I thought that I was eating a $4.50 portion of food. I'd seriously suggest lowering the prices or severely increasing the portion sizes.

I give this place 4 stars because of the freshness and quality, but would otherwise have given it 5 if not for the portions.