“Best Bourbon Bar in Louisville” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Silver Dollar

The Silver Dollar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Silver Dollar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,748 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pope Street
“Best Bourbon Bar in Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Title says it all, great service, fun times, second to none in the Louisville area. Food was above average and could be improved but the bartenders did more than expected when it came to making recommendations about the fine selection of bourbons.

“Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife recommended we try it. Didn't have reservations on a Friday night so wait was 30 minutes but had a place at the bar so we just ate there. I had the brisket (it was only 7 and it was the last order) and it was really good with a nice smoke. No sauce needed. Had the Mac and cheese as a side and it was really good. Wife had some cheese bread and it was good. They have a huge beer and boubon selection and we sample beers from all over. Food is reasonably priced. Our bartender Jordan was great. Definitely recommend.

• Visited November 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Don't Miss This Southern Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

A true culinary experience, the Silver Dollar is a phenomenal local restaurant. Great dinner, drinks and brunch. Fun atmosphere... You must go!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent bourbon selection; fun vibe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We didn't eat here, but came for drinks after dinner. The bourbon selection was amazing. One of us tried the 2011 George Stagg - not easy to find. Fun bar. The staff was also really helpful in calling us a cab. We would go back.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“It could be hit or miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Our first time at the silver dollar. The reviews are all so positive I though this was going to be great. It was average at best. We arrived on a Saturday 7:30, it's a big place and it was packed! What a great sign. Bottom line. Here is what we ordered and what I thought. Chorizo app, it's a spicy chorizo sausage corn dog. It has heavy greasy and not that flavorful. (Avoid). Deep fried oysters.. I can't pass judgment on this one. I thought they were bland but oysters are, the breading was boring and the sauce they serve not a great compliment. Unless you love this type of food. (Avoid) also portions are huge! So order accordingly. Romaine salad, again large enough for 3 people and bitter/bland. I think the chef could revisit the dressing and come up with something to better complement the greens. (Avoid). At this point I'm really disappointed, the large and greasy apps have me feeling a bit sick, here comes dinner. I had the Red Drum actually excellent! I wish I would have skipped the apps and salad and just ordered dinner.. My wife had the flank steak. Which was nice as well... Fried okra excellent! Collared greens wonderful.
We were full by the time the dinners arrive so we took 80% of it home, hope it warms up well for dinner tonight !
In the end focus on the entrees, skip the apps and salads.. The portions are generous, you will be satisfied. We will give it another go in a few months with the new strategy.. Dinner for 2 with drinks. $122

Visited November 2013