“Disappointing”
Review of Tom + Chee - CLOSED

Tom + Chee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 20, 2013

For a restaurant which features tomato and cheese in its name, I was shocked with the quality of the food. My guests (3 of us) were in the mood for a moderately priced "comfort food" dinner. I ordered (what else) Tomato (Basil) Soup and Grilled Cheese. The soup tasted like watered down Campbell's soup and the sandwich was dry with one slice of cheese. I returned my soup and informed the cashier of my disappointment and was offered another soup choice. The second try was no more successful than the first. My best advice is avoid Tom + Chee and go somewhere else. The decor was basic - no frills, and the food matched.

1  Thank D C C

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Best tomato basil soup we've had in a long time. After great sandwiches we did have to try the donuts melts. They were great but could never a bakers dozen.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Passing thru Louisville and relied on TA for a unique option that's not interstate dining. We love grilled cheese so this was an easy pick. Loved the food! But place could use some cleaning. The floors and walls were showing wear and soiled. Bathrooms are shared with other businesses and they are down right gross. Staff was courteous and seemed to enjoy working there.

1  Thank NikR
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place is amazing honestly. I will start off by saying the only reason I did not leave a 5 of 5 is the portion sizes are slightly smaller than what they should be.

I have been 7 times now, trying 7 different sandwiches. I have not found one that I have not liked. And they are all so good I cannot pick a favorite. I am sure if you are like me you have gotten bored of the every day fast food sandwich scene. This is the place to go.

The grilled cheese doughnut makes my heart melt! Make sure you stick with the cheddar on it!

Lastly, the Jalapeno Cheese soup is simply amazing.

You have got to try this place. Like now, Go! Hurry!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Was great tomato soup! homemade and the best i ever have eaten. The manager was kind of weird and not very friendly..but other than that great food!