“Yummy and unique!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy and unique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 2 year old daughter and I were driving through Louisville on a road trip and needed a spot for lunch. We like to try local places rather than national chains while driving through parts of the country tha are new to us. I found Tom + Chee on Trip Advisor and wanted to give it a try! We were not disappointed! I had Gouda and turkey on wheat, and my husband had the hippie (he is vegetarian, I am not). Both were delicious!! He got the regular tomato soup and said it was good. I got the creamy tomato soup and it was average. I've had better elsewhere. But the sandwiches were worth going for! We got our daughter a grilled cheese donut as a treat and she wasn't interested in it at all and preferred the turkey from my sandwich. Who can predict a 2 year old? I ate about half of the donut and it was surprisingly good! The atmosphere was a little lacking. Tables are a little crowded together and there aren't many options for seating. We went at 1:00 on Saturday afternoon and it was pretty crowded. Another review mentions the bathrooms and I concur - they are shared with other businesses in the building and they are disgusting. Dirty and smelly and flies all over... Oh well. You don't pick a restaurant based on the bathrooms. And this place was definitely worth a try in my opinion!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LaloMD

“Who woulda thought....mmmm!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Saw it on Shark Tank and wanted to try it but never got around to it. Just happened to be close to the area so, what the heck. The staff greeted us upon entering and I'm assuming because we had deer in the headlights looks on our faces told us to please ask any questions we had about the menu. I asked if they had any personal recommendations to which they were happy to tell me what each of their most favorite things were. (There were 2 girls at the counter and at the time they were not busy) there were 10 of us in our party so we got quite a few things and loved everything we got. The kids got the Donut S'more for dessert and yummed thru the whole thing. The creamy tomato basil soup was soooo good!!! We had no complaints about any of our food. Totally yummy!!
Ok, on for the negatives. This restaurant is in a strip that's attached to a bank and something else. They share a bathroom area and it is skank. My son, who is 9, came back from the bathroom and told me that there were very naughty things spray painted and scratched onto the bathroom walls. The women's bathroom wasn't much better-very dingy.
To sum up.....
Overlook the bathroom and give this place a try.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stayhomemomnomore
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“LOVED! So many different options, and the grilled cheese donuts are to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I loved all of the combinations you could make, and the fancy grilled cheese options for adults. This was a place my whole family could enjoy! I have 2 boys ages 10 and 12, and we all loved this place. The creamy basil tomato soup (and my husband got the mushroom soup and it was awesome), the sandwiches, were the best. Loved them. BUT, the bomb was the grilled cheese donuts. Trust me, it doesn't sound appealing. But oh man, it is one of the best things I have ever tasted! I had the strawberry lemonade donut. Imagine a glad donut cut in half then grilled and flipped inside out so the glaze part is in the middle of the sandwich and the grilled half is on top. Then fill it with yummy goodness (cause a grilled donut isn't good enough!) - mine had lemon marscapone cheese, mozarella, and fresh strawberries. Oh dear lord it was soooo good. I am both glad and sad we don't have one of these where we live! I would probably be as big as a whale if I did!

The staff was super nice, and helpful since we were first timers. The prices are super reasonable and I thought a bit of a steal. The decor and restaurant was nice and there was plenty of space. Thumbs up!

• Visited July 2013
NM
“Cute Place, nice poeple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had seen this on Shark Tank, but had not ever run across one. We decided to try it for a late dinner. My family loved it. The girl working the counter was so enthusiastic about the menu and the company. You just don't see that too often these days. I really wished I had gotten her name so I could send a comp letter. She even gave us some ideas for things to do around the city. The food was good and was an ok value for the money.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank familyfour65
Paducah, Kentucky, United States
“Better than I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife, son, and I were visiting Louisville for the weekend and stopped by Tom + Chee for lunch on Sunday. We saw lots of good reviews so we gave it a try.

We each tried one of the specialty grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, and a grilled cheese doughnut. Everything was fantastic! Strongly recommended. Will definitely come back.

• Visited June 2013