“Best biscuit & gravy in town!”
Review of Highland Morning

Highland Morning
Ranked #108 of 1,767 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairdale, Kentucky
“Best biscuit & gravy in town!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We saw in the courier – journal or the TV news that this place has the Best biscuit & gravy in town. Well I think it’s true. The next best place is Norton Hospital’s Pavilion on Broadway. I have tried a lot of them and Highland morning is the best! The restaurant is small and crowded. That’s what happens when you’re the best!

• Visited March 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
“Not even close to as good as the last time we ate there.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's probably been a year since we ate at Highland Morning. The 1st time we ate there it was great, not so this time. My pancake was terrible. It was sickly sweet. I didn't eat much of it. The side of home fries wasn't much better. They were pale and tasteless. My son's Denver Scramble had raw vegetables, not partially cooked. Service was okay, neither bad nor good. We didn't eat much of our breakfast and no one asked if there was a problem. I did see a waitress cleaning off a table near us. She used a dirty dish towel to wipe off the table and didn't use any kind of disinfectant or cleaner. Then she wiped her hands on the same towel. I won't be back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Steven G
“Wow! Best Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A Groupon got me there, but the breakfast will keep me coming back! Everything was so fresh, and the steak and eggs were cooked perfectly. Lots of creative choices, and so much more interesting than those other breakfast venues. Yes, it's small and loud, but they are expanding to the place next door. Veges were fresh on the interesting "Baja" dish. Local is always best!!!

• Visited May 2013
Keller, Texas
“So fabulous we visited twice in 5 days!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were staying in the area for the Kentucky Derby. We ventured in for breakfast and were so impressed with the options. My favorite is the Baja Benedict. It was so much my fave that I ordered it both mornings. The Bourbon Apple pancake was superb also. We had 6 in our party and they all loved their breakfasts. I am trying to figure out how to make the Baja Benedict myself.

• Visited May 2013
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

But don't tell anyone else! It's already busy enough!!

The breakfast here is every bit as good as Wild Eggs without the ambience and attendant high prices. We went just before a visit to the zoo, and it was great!

Visited October 2012