“Swoonworthy”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: The St. Charles Exchange provides a casually elegant & unique environment, serving world class food and featuring an award winning cocktail program. Please come and enjoy a great experience in a space that truly captures the history of Louisville!
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am still swooning over my meal at the St. Charles Exchange. Everything was delicious, but I will be dreaming for months about the appetizer I had, an unlikely combination called "Elvis on Horseback" which is about the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. Can't wait to come back to Louisville so I can have some more! They also make great cocktails - I had my first mint julep there and it was an excellent choice.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

For the price, there is better food in downtown Louisville. Try Proof on Main, Harvest, Blind Pig, MilkWood, and - if it you don't mind splurging - 610 Magnolia (the BEST restaurant in Louisville IMHO).

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have no idea why this is not the top rated restaurant in the city. We loved it and are pretty picky.
First off, its one of the loveliest bars I have even seen, must be 50ft long. Big recommendation: give yourself 45-60 min at the bar pre-dinner to enjoy it. Come at 5pm while its less crowded. The bartenders are TOPS, ask them to concoct a drink for you and you will not be sorry - some of the best mixology ever!
The dining room is lovely, the waiters friendly and the menu is awesome. GREAT pork belly!!!!!! Super fine dinner out for a special occassion!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Went with family who came from out of town to visit. The atmosphere was nice and we were seated right away. There were 8 of us. Half of us drank water the other half had 1 mix drink ea. Half of us ordered appetizers and the other half ordered dessert. We ordered 6 entree's (a couple split a meal). I should mention that the menu on the web is not the menu at the restaurant. Apparently the menu changed recently.
If the food was great in flavor I wouldn't have minded the extremely small portion sizes (i ordered shrimp and grits. The shrimp (only 3) and grit cakes (only 2) or even the fact that it was cold- yes cold, when it arrived but all that is unacceptable for a $350 tab.
Skip the strawberry shortcake My recommendation is if you decide to try it, do so for lunch. The peach cobbler was very, very good however.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

St Charles Exchange is an upscale bar. It is very regal inside - I absolutely loved the decor. The cocktails are delish, and the bartenders were great. Highly recommend!