“Nice atmosphere and good food”
Review of The St. Charles Exchange - CLOSED

The St. Charles Exchange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: The St. Charles Exchange provides a casually elegant & unique environment, serving world class food and featuring an award winning cocktail program. Please come and enjoy a great experience in a space that truly captures the history of Louisville!
Palatine, Illinois
“Nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our server at Proof on Main suggested this spot for dinner. We tried the deviled eggs and the mushroom risotto. Both were good but not awesome. I like the atmosphere here too but it was noisy. I think in the future, I would head here for drinks and apps and head to dinner at Proof on Main, where the food was sooooo much better.

Our server here was great and suggested Toast for breakfast, which we enjoyed.

• Visited October 2012

Louisville KY
“Time to train the staff!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The valet for valet parking was hiding in the alley grabbing a smoke.
The hostess would not transfer our guest's bar tab to our tab... told us to do it ourselves.
The waitress announced with a snort and head toss that they did not serve cosmopolitans because the barman only served juices he could fresh squeeze. (Some religious cult? Some new trend? Did he not know that grapes are crushed and not squeezed?)
The food was good but not good enough to merit abusing the guests.
Louisville likes gracious service at our better restaurants, and that takes some staff training.

• Visited October 2012
Leitchfield, KY
“Disappointed in Bourbon Availability.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stopped in without reservations on a Saturday night and the hostess seated us in a beautiful courtyard. As I perused the drink menu and lists I noticed that Pappy Van Winkle was featured prominently on the bourbon list. There were several distillations available according to the menu of various ages. So when the waiter came I ordered a Pappy but was immediately informed they were completely out of the stuff- all of it, not just the 12 year old stuff. UNBELIEVABLE. I opted for a Jefferson Reserve and my wife ordered a drink called 'The Sweet Life' which was very well done.

We had the deviled eggs for a starter. They bring out five deviled eggs each of which was done differently. Of the five two or so were remarkable. One had a butternut squash filling that included a candied nut atop the filling- EXCELLENT. The choices rotate every three days or so.

My wife had the risotto and I the rabbit croquettes. Neither of the dishes was remarkable. Both suffered from a severe lack of salt.

I tried ordering another Jefferson Reserve bourbon at the end of dinner only to find out that they were then out of it as well. UNBELIEVABLE.

We shared the dark chocolate pudding for dessert. I recommend it if you love the semi-sweet bite of dark chocolate.

On our way out I noticed the bar did have a bottle of a new brand if bourbon called Larceny which HAD NOT been on the bourbon list. This was the final insult of the evening as bourbons go. I doubt I'll return unless prodded to do so with a group and will take with me the lower expectations set based on this trip.

Little Falls, New York, United States
“Superb dining”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

You feel welcome the moment you enter this restaurant. Love the ambiance. The appetizers were so good - we chose the pork rinds and deviled eggs. Steaks were perfectly cooked; the scallops were flavored southern style with an interesting combination of black eyed peas and ham. From here you can take a nice walk over to the art area of downtown Louisville. Service was the right pace for a relaxing evening and our waiter was friendly and attentive. Good choice for us.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Kathleen M
Louisville, Kentucky
“Beautiful restaurant and fantastic bar”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had lunch there and the ambiance was very elegant with a rich, dark interior. The Elvis on horseback appetizer was very good, however we both had salads and they were beautifully presented, but flavor was lacking. The service is very good and staff attentive. I will go back and give them another try because it is so beautiful and the drinks look very enticing.

• Visited August 2012