“Velvet!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: (502) 895-3270
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had breakfast for the first time today at Superchefs on Brownsboro Road. My husband had purchased a groupon so we thought today we would give it a try. You have to know where you are going since there is very little to indicate its location. All that said....the food is amazing. My husband had the ham and cheese omlet which he loved. I had the red velvet pancakes with sausage. The cakes are heart shaped laden with cream cheese topping and decorated with syrup, extremely rich and delicious. We had a sample of the pretzel croissant with apple chutney and had to order two more to take home with us! The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly...we will definitely return.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've been to both Superchef's, the one in Chenoweth Square and the one on Brownsboro Road. The latter is the original and the most recent we visited. Service was excellent, all staff was uber friendly and the food - well, it doesn't get any better than this. Red velvet pancakes topped with creme fraiche that has a hint of lemon, soft pretzel croissants enveloping variations of egg, sausage, bacon and greens, fab omelets and the to-die-for granola encrusted French toast. And then there are those oh-so crispy hash browns. Not clumped together at all, light and topped with a dash of salsa. Coffee came in bathtub sized cups, but that was fine with us. One reviewer mentioned no charm or ambience, but since they share space with Chicago Gyros they may be limited as to decor preferences. It does need more prominent signage. On second thought, scratch that ... it might mean I'd have to stand in line for an hour like at some other breakfast places in town. Superchef's Breakfast is a winner at both locations (and we were told they're opening some more locales, too).

Reviewed July 20, 2012

On a whim, we pulled out the smartphone and picked SuperChef's for breakfast based on great reviews. We drove 15 minutes off the highway and had to look carefully to find a small paper sign hanging in the window of a Gyros restaurant. Inside, we wondered if we'd made the right decision because there were only 3 or 4 tables in a very small room.

But we were greeted immediately and offered a seat at the "bar" by a "super" friendly waitress who promptly brought me a "supersized" cup of coffee...actually it was more like a soup bowl of very delicious coffee. And we were handed menus stating that the "super" chef had cooked at the Bejing Olympics.

The menu was limited to a few items but the descriptions were mouth watering. We couldn't decide so we tried the still hot beignets with homemade rhubarb jam (Yumm!!). My kids ordered Reese's Cup Pancakes (too sweet for me, but they devoured them), Red Velvet Pancakes (delish!) while the adults got savory egg dishes. My husband said his simply prepared egg platter was the best he'd ever eaten. And my breakfast sandwich was what breakfast sandwiches try to be. From the homemade sausage to the Gruyere cheese sandwiched in the perfectly cooked egg and mixed greens on a toasted pretzel croissant, I couldn't stop eating it.

We all commented upon leaving that we wished we lived in Louisville so we could come there every week. From the prices to the food to the friendly staff, this place really is "super" and worth the trip.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I looked at the menu for SuperChef's online and was not expecting the extremely casual atmosphere (to put it nicely). I almost suggested turning around once we saw the place, but I was starving and the menu looked so good online. I was definitely surprised! I got the eggs benedict and it was delicious! My date and I shared the beignets and I wished we had each gotten our own, they were so fabulous! I had no idea what they were, but they were mentioned in another review, so I had to try them. OH MY! Because of the extremely casual atmosphere (a man came in and laid his head down on the table for a nap until his food arrived), I am going to say this place is overpriced, but worth at least one visit! I will go back just for beignets and coffee!

1  Thank Ninamena
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I decided to give this place a shot and man were we blown away! It's certainly not your Bob Evans style breakfast, from the red velvet pancakes to the über delicious beignets you will not be disapointed. Locally owned, fantastic food and great service... nuff said!

1  Thank Michael V