“Loved it!!”

Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
birmingham al
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

In town for weekend getaway. Service and staff was great. Concierge gave great tips for restaurants nearby . Went out of the way to find a "special" restaurant for the evening. One side of hotel has so- so view of the city , the other a nice view of the river which is a few blocks away . Hotel was decorated for Christmas and the lobby lights where down low. VERY ROMANTIC. Each evening, flavor infused waters in beautiful decanters was a courtesy drink for guests in the lobby. I looked forward to it each day. Sport restaurant located in the hotel ok. Food was regular chain menu fare. Nachos's , Hamburgers etc. Several large in house meetings going on but did not interfere with the service of staff. Will return.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldschoolgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Kentucky
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed here for the National Guard Association Conference and was overall impressed. The staff was unbelievable!! From the moment I drove up and a bellman helped me unload the luggage and refused to allow me to carry it myself to checkout when they helped once again. I am a Marriott Rewards member and try to stay in the company it was a bonus that the conference was there. Being a rewards member I was upgraded to the Concierge floor without asking and was treated first class all the way. The room was very clean and very well furnished from the pristine king sized bed to the flat screen TV. Turn down service was very nice and unobtrusive. The concierge was extremely helpful with a variety of solutions to any problem encountered.
The only issue was an undisclosed "no party" policy. During the conference there are a variety of hospitality suites with a common theme and competition. Not sure why, but the hotel booked guests for the conference on other floors than the hospitality suites and booked non-conference guests on the hospitality suite floor. Shortly after the suites kicked I began noticing guests going down to the lobby and back then back to the elevators in order to switch to rooms not on the same floor. The guests didn't seem too upset with us, only confused that they would be booked on our floor. After a little of this, hotel security arrived on the floor and began asking people to leave and threatening to call the police claiming we were violating the hotel's "no party" policy. I'm not sure what they thought we were going to be doing with a floor of hospitality suites and the steady flow of large screen TV's, props, and audio equipment going into them.
I would definitely stay here again while traveling or for a night away but I'm sure the conference will be headed back to the Galt House when it is Louisville's turn to host again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank pickynfair
LOUISVILLE, KY
Reviewed February 23, 2009

This past weekend my husband and I stayed at the Marriott in downtown Louisville, Ky. We enjoyed our entire stay. Room service was excellent, our suite was spotless and the bed was wonderful. We ate at the Blu which was top notch. We used the pool and the hot tub which was great because it was snowing outside!
Overall we could not have asked for anything better.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sakdlk
Sacramento
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I stayed 3 days 2 nights for the GIC convention and it was a wonderfull and pleasent stay. Staff was very helpful, rooms were very nice and extremly clean. The bed was very comfortable and I would reccommend staying there to anyone. They hosted all the the convention goers wonderfully, the one thing that could have been improved was contracting a better shuttle company for the Expo transport. Other than that, thumbs up!!!

• Stayed October 2008
2 Thank naz95630
FOREST, VA
Reviewed October 18, 2008

After a horrible first night in the Galt House, we decided to cut our losses and go up the street to the Marriott. We checked in and then drove around to the back of the hotel to park in the garage. A short elevator ride from the garage to the lobby and we were walking right by a full functioning Starbucks. Perfect!!! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was beautiful but the view out the back wasn't grand. The restaurants inside the hotel looked great, but were taken up with alot of people from a wedding party, so we walked up a few blocks to 4th Street Live and many other restaurants. Checkout was looking like it was going to be crazy with alot of us in the lobby at one time. One of the employees was walking around helping everyone navigate the counterspace and got us out of there in less than a minute. All in all, this stay was absolutely refreshing. I would definitely stay here again on our next run through Louisville.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cabledog369
Plainfield, IL
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I spent 4 nights at this hotel and it is the second time I have stayed there. The hotel is fairly new so the room are decorated and appointed very nicely and the beds are extremely comfortable. We had a corner room with windows on two sides with a terrific view of the downtown area. It would be nice if internet service was free in the rooms, but there is a $10 charge per day. Public use is free on floors 1 and 2, however, I did experience problems getting onto the internet one of those days in the public areas. Service is very good and you can't beat the huge flavored iced decanters of water in the lobby. Too bad they didn't leave them out all day instead of just in the late afternoon when people are arriving. Parking is very pricey at the hotel, but you can find alternate parking in the garage right next door shared by the Hyatt for half the cost. My only criticism of this hotel is that the beds in the double rooms are doubles instead of queens. This is very odd considering this hotel is only a couple years old. I was here for a convention and the common areas are also well kept with some of the nicest public area restrooms I have ever seen in a hotel. There is a Starbucks in the lobby making a quick breakfast very easy. I would stay at this hotel again if I needed to stay in Louisville.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank dmaxwel
Moray, Scotland
Reviewed September 22, 2008

The Marriott is in an excellent location, close to bars, restaurants and shops. The staff had a great attitude which helped create a nice environment in the hotel. My room was clean and spacious with nice views. I like the Sports bar which was a good place to hang out and much more relaxed than normal hotel bars. The leisure facilities were well equipped. Couldn't fault any part of my experience.

• Liked — Sports bar, great staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family