“Nice place”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
“Nice place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really nice place to stay so close to so many things. The room was so nice and the bedding was really luxurious. The bathroom does not have a fan. Breakfast was awesome. Enjoyed being able to walk to dinner and Fourth Street.

Room Tip: we were only on the 3rd floor so the view wasn't real good. faced the back parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
scarletorbit42,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our breakfast, bedding, and location. Our guests typically do love our beds because they are quite comfortable...so much so that we get many requests to purchase them for their own homes! (If you would like to have one for your house, just call the hotel and we can provide their information)

It sounds like your stay could have been even more memorable with a room on a higher floor. Please email me directly on your next stay (eamon.obrien@marriottlouisville.com) and we will ensure you are on a higher floor.

Take care,
Eamon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Marriott Louisville Downtown for the weekend with my spouse. This hotel is centrally located and is within walking distance from all the major attractions downtown. The check-in and check-out process was quick and efficient. We were given a room on the 15th floor with great views overlooking the Kentucky International Conference Center, KFC YUM! Center and the river. The room was clean and modern with plenty of outlets throughout the area and the furnishings were well-appointed. The hotel staff were friendly and eager to help. We never had to wait for our vehicle; the valet staff had it ready for us each time we came down from our room. If you are a Starbucks lover like me, it was great to have one in the lobby of the hotel! Overall, I was completely satisfied with my stay at the Marriott Louisville Downtown and I would definitely stay here again when visiting the city.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Primadonna9
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Primadonna9,
Thank you for your review! We love hearing this kind of feedback and are grateful that you took the time to write about it.

Our staff looks forward to serving our guests everyday and we are thrilled that you felt that during your stay with us. We love having Starbucks here in the lobby too!

We look forward to serving you again soon.
Louisville
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I'm a local and Iv stayed at all the best hotels in Louisville for functions etc and I have to say for service and convenience to the highway and the main strip it can't be beat. Small enough superb service and great food on site as well as a Starbucks with access to valet ( grab and go)

Amenities: resteraunt. Casual and sit down. Indoor Pool
Cleanliness: new enough that its excellent unlike larger hotels in the city by the river . No issues what so ever. modern decor perfect view of the river and bridge for thunder.

Price: 4-5 tad pricy by worth it not to have drunk noise kids Iv paid 130.00 to 330.00 last min show ups but I'm sure there are competitive prices online. All great hotels in the city go from 129. Well worth it.
Service: Iv challenged everyone from room service to the valet. Room service accommodating and fast. Valet will go above and beyond for you from getting things from your car to helping with directions. Front rest fast efficient and accommodating and welcoming.

Stayed April 2014
Chadskyblue,
Thank you for staying with us over Thunder last month. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and calling us the best local pick for Thunder. I will share your note will the departments mentioned throughout your review.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Take care,
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This was the conference hotel for a conference I attended. The location was great and in walking distance to 4th Street Live, good restaurants, shops, and the convention center. The rooms were clean and comfortable and each day our housekeeper provided us with a new "towel" animal or flower. The conference facilities on the 2nd floor were perfect and comfortable, and provided for good breakout rooms and a comfortable meeting space. Now, about the food...the banquet/luncheon food was outstanding. The rosemary/sea salt roasted potatoes --- can I just say "Yum!!" The restaurants on site were also very good with quick and friendly service. Overall, a good experience and if I had a chance to come back to Louisville, I'd likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Just watch what they consider a "river view." Our room was supposedly that, but it was ju...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CubbyCat123,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our team, namely special touches from our housekeeping staff as well as your banquet experience. Our staff takes great pride in making personal connections and it sounds like the "towel animals" and high quality of food did that. Those potatoes are one of my favorites as well.

We also appreciate your feedback on the river view rooms. While our hotel does have rooms with outstanding views of the Ohio River, it sounds like we failed to provide one for you. If you could please contact me directly the next time you visit I would like to personally ensure that you experience that on your next trip: eamon.obrien@marriottlouisville.com.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Nothing fancy, average hotel. It was clean, staff were friendly and helpful. There was a convention in town, which made it kind of loud outside of the room (inside was quiet). It is within walking distance, but not a close walking distance to the river.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Generally I find Marriott's pretty good, staff try hard etc. At this Marriott I think they find it easy to fill the hotel so don't try that hard. I'd booked a twin bed room and was told it was a river view room when I checked in only to find the view I had was of the wall of the convention centre opposite. When I queried it I was told that actually it's "a river direction view room"! Why bother?
That kind of set the tone, the room was fine, clean etc if a little spartan. I joined a colleague for breakfast in the Club Lounge. It was okay.
Overall, quite expensive & nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: If you actually want to see the river go for a high floor, I was on the 8th.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PXJSingapore
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
PXJSingapore,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your feedback even though we failed to meet your expectations on your recent trip. Let me assure you that this failing is the exception rather than the rule.

Our hotel tries to provide world class customer service and we clearly did not do that during your stay. We would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again in the future. When you come back to Louisville please reach out to me directly at: eamon.obrien@marriottlouisville.com so I can ensure you are most comfortable while here.

In the meantime, we will continuously train our staff on explaining our various room types/views to our guests to ensure that the room types requested are honored whenever possible.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel for someone needing to stay downtown. It is within safe walking distance to Yum Center, shopping, and restaurants. The Sky Walk is connected to this hotel. The food is really good as well.

• Stayed March 2014