“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Fargo, North Dakota
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in early March for a convention held there. Everything was very nice, from the check-in, to the rooms, to the friendliness of the staff. One of the nice things they do is have someone in the Lobby at all times to assist guests. Everyone was very courteous and helpful. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I noticed that we did not hear the shower starting in rooms around us, which is really nice when you want to sleep in. We enjoyed our stay here and will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Southampton, NJ
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I've had the pleasure of staying at many Marriott's, this is another in the Marriott chain that lived up to my expectations. The staff was friendly, showing a real concern for their guests, real southern hospitality. Room and bathrooms were clean and quiet. Every turn in the hotel you were greeted by friendly staff members. The morning breakfast was a nice wake up, freshly made omelets with a nice selection vegetables, once again, southern hospitality, coffee cups were never allowed to get empty. Thanks for a pleasant stay, I be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Due to the convenience of the Downtown Marriott for a yearly trip to a trade show, I have stayed here a few times. As mentioned by others, it's proximity to restaurants and fourth street live, makes the Marriott a good choice.
Rooms are typical with comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Staff is willing to assist when asked. The basement parking garage is safe and easy to navigate.
The renovated gym offers weights, treadmills with TV's clean towels and bottled water and is open to guests with room key access.
Champs is an average joint for a drink and quick burger. Too many other places to eat two blocks away.
If your holding a Marriott Rewards card, stay here for sure.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here for a conference in March 2014 and was throughly impressed by the quality of the hotel, from the decorations and cleanliness of the interior (lobby, restaurants, and rooms) to the cheerful and friendly staff, who went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. My only complaint is that the beds were most definitely on the soft side, making a good night's sleep a bit of a challenge.

This will most definitely be a return hotel destination for us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our room was very clean and large, bathroom was nice but my roommate had to sleep on a cot that was brought into the room since the organization we were with had just asked for deluxe rooms and the hotel did not have any rooms left with two beds, we were told, even after talking to a manager. The front desk was apologetic but I had made reservations two months prior but have since taken this up with the organization I was with during the conference...not the hotel's fault. The parking garage was handy and not real full, easy to navigate in/out of with easy in-out privileges at a discount since we took up most of the hotel. I did try out one of their two restaurants while there, Champions Sports Bar & Grille. The other restaurant was more for dining, BLU Italian Grille which I did not get a chance to try. However, I was not at all impressed with Champions. I could not believe it was a Marriott property. It looked dirty and our server did not seem that personable. I almost could not eat my lunch because of the underlying taste. It was served after a long wait.

Room Tip: Get 7th floor or higher, city view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a great Marriott in the center of downtown Louisville. It is well appointed and has many amenities. I came to Louisville on business travel -- my first stop was San Diego --- I was surprised that my hotel room was more expensive in Louisville then in San Diego and I stayed at a "luxury" collection hotel while in SD. Not sure why the price was high -- but still a good property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely amazing. The staff was very kind and knowledgeable about all of the events that were occurring with in their building. The food was excellent and the hotel is located within walking distance from a variety of attractions. I will definitely stay here every time I come to Louisville!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David R, Manager at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Sarah;

Thank you for your 5-star review on Trip-Advisor. We strive to provide great customer service, and it nice to see when that is recognized by our guests.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Louisville. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with future stays.

David Rowland