“Nice size room and friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #9 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
York, Pennsylvania
“Nice size room and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our room was very clean and large, bathroom was nice but my roommate had to sleep on a cot that was brought into the room since the organization we were with had just asked for deluxe rooms and the hotel did not have any rooms left with two beds, we were told, even after talking to a manager. The front desk was apologetic but I had made reservations two months prior but have since taken this up with the organization I was with during the conference...not the hotel's fault. The parking garage was handy and not real full, easy to navigate in/out of with easy in-out privileges at a discount since we took up most of the hotel. I did try out one of their two restaurants while there, Champions Sports Bar & Grille. The other restaurant was more for dining, BLU Italian Grille which I did not get a chance to try. However, I was not at all impressed with Champions. I could not believe it was a Marriott property. It looked dirty and our server did not seem that personable. I almost could not eat my lunch because of the underlying taste. It was served after a long wait.

Room Tip: Get 7th floor or higher, city view.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a great Marriott in the center of downtown Louisville. It is well appointed and has many amenities. I came to Louisville on business travel -- my first stop was San Diego --- I was surprised that my hotel room was more expensive in Louisville then in San Diego and I stayed at a "luxury" collection hotel while in SD. Not sure why the price was high -- but still a good property.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely amazing. The staff was very kind and knowledgeable about all of the events that were occurring with in their building. The food was excellent and the hotel is located within walking distance from a variety of attractions. I will definitely stay here every time I come to Louisville!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David R, Manager at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Sarah;

Thank you for your 5-star review on Trip-Advisor. We strive to provide great customer service, and it nice to see when that is recognized by our guests.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Louisville. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with future stays.

David Rowland
Director of Food and Beverage
502-671-4280
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This is a "nice" hotel, in that the lobby and rooms are nice, but I expect more from a Marriott.
1) I'm allergic to feathers (as it says in my Marriott "profile"). I've been told only the pillows in the room have real feathers so I always ask for a foam pillow. Every time I've stayed at this hotel my profile is ignored and I have to ask many times before getting the foam pillow. And as it turns out, the rest of the bed must actually have real feathers because I've had bad allergic reaction and got no sleep.

2). The toilet in my room was broken (broken chain on the flusher). I had to ask the front desk twice to send maintenance.

3). When I turned on the faucet the hardware came off in my hand.
It seems the cheap route was taken when the bathrooms were being assembled.

Overall customer service is decent--but not great.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I really enjoy staying here. The rooms are newer and clean. The staff is very nice. The gentleman making omletts for the brunch is the best, he really loves cooking and it shows. Plus he makes a great omlette.

Dr. Gary;

Many thanks for the great review. We have shared your praise with Michael our omelet chef, and the rest of our team here at the Marriott.

Thank you for being one of our most loyal guests. Hopefully we see you again soon.

David Rowland
Director of Food and Beverage
Louisville Marriott Downtown
502-671-4280
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Used some of my Marriott points to stay here. Normally we stay at the Courtyard down the street. Arrived on a Sunday afternoon and left the car with the valet. My husband asked if he could use a cart to bring our items to the room. Checked in and were in the room for only a few minutes and there was a knock at the door. The bellhop had followed us up and wanted to take care of our luggage. This was a little annoying. Had we wanted him to bring it up we would have asked. My husband made him wait in the hall while he finished checking out the room and unloading the cart. (We had many breakable items and wanted to move them about ourselves.) When he came into the room to get the cart he was asking strange questions like "want me to get you ice? want me to open your curtains? want me to turn down your bed?" I have never been asked questions like this before. My husband basically tipped him to get him to leave since it was clear he was attempting to do something to earn one.

I gave this review a "very good" because the room was fantastic. It was pretty quiet in the hotel, so there wasn't much noise. Spent some time in the Bar at Blu for a few bourbons, which they have a fantastic selection for. Even took one back to our room for a nightcap. The hotel is close to everything downtown and there were many options for food and drink.

The next morning we had to leave early so my husband went down and got a cart from the valet and told him we did not need help while he got the car. When we came down to load the car, both guys out front were a little put out that we didn't want them to load our car. So my husband gave them a large tip for getting the car and basically for not touching our stuff. Some people don't want bellhop service, but this hotel doesn't seem to give you that option.

While the hotel was fantastic, and the employees were all courteous and helpful, next time I will go back down to the Courtyard where I have the options to self-park and take care of my own luggage.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank burkehouse
Charlotte NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Outstanding hotel that appears to be recently remodeled. The beds are nice and the staff was always available to help and always near by. Even the restaurant food was good and reasonably priced. I highly recommend this hotel and intend to stay there again in the summer when I return to Louisville.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family