“Don't take requests unless you mean it.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Wooster, Ohio
“Don't take requests unless you mean it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was in town with a conference at the hotel recently and decided to bring my family along. We wanted enough space for the kids so I requested connecting rooms. I knew I was coming in late for check in so I called that morning to again confirm that our connecting rooms were available. I was told that they were and we were all set for that night. Upon check-in I was told our rooms were next to each other but not connecting and there was nothing they could do that night but if I stopped by the desk in the morning they could fix it. So we understood that things happen and split our family for the night. The next morning I was told that there was no fix so I canceled on of the rooms and we all piled into one. I later learned from others at my conference that there were connecting rooms available for the dates I booked, the hotel staff just filled them with other people booking single rooms earlier in the day. I understand it may be difficult to accommodate everyones request but IF YOU CAN NOT TRACK A REQUEST, DON'T PRETEND TO TAKE A REQUEST.
I was told that as connecting rooms were a request and not guaranteed they would not make any accommodation to the rate for the second room that I would not have kept if I was not told they could fix it. I finally asked if they would be willing to give some Marriott points to me for my trouble. I was told "Yes we can throw some of those at you". I did not get any points.

We also had several occasions that house keeping staff failed to clean up thoroughly and I felt the beds were not comfortable (perhaps because the kids joined us)

Despite our accommodations, we had a great time in Louisville and the hotel location was great but given the chance to book a different nearby hotel, I would recommend against the Marriott Downtown.

Room Tip: Do not expect special request to be honored.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adam K
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that we were not able to accomdate your request for the connecting rooms and did not do a good job of handling the situation at check in to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. I have forwarded your email to our Resident Manager to address as a training opportunity with our front office team. We do appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us and look forward to an opportunity to provide an exceptional experience the next time we can host you.

Paul Kiley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

great trip in feb ,not much in the area but hotel was faultless with nice room and staff.
work being done on the floor with pool but used both with no problem .bar next door was ok but is a sports bar .i found the staff very helpful and polite would have no problem staying there again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonferful commentary from your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoed the beds and your overall stay. We finished the renovation of the healthclub and pool area shortly after your stay and look forward to your comments on the finished product when you have the opoprtunit to stay with us again.

Holt, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My hotel experience here was top notch. Room, fantastic. Starbucks and two restaurants in the lobby, fantastic. Concierge lounge with snacks, fantastic. Great property. Professional staff. You will be satisfied with this hotel choice. Great location too.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the excellent commentary on your recent stay. It is the service experience we strive to deliver for each guest and I will share your accolades with our team here at the hotel. Please come and see us again.

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a high quality Marriott. Clean rooms, super friendly staff, nice pool and spa area, Starbucks in the lobby, clean - good size gym. The whole family was happy! We ate a local restaurants, so only had the breakfast buffet at the restaurant one time. It was a little pricey but had a nice selection. No microwave in the room was a bit of a bummer for a week long stay. We had to forfeit all of our leftovers.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and especially the renovated guest rooms. I will share your comments about the friendly staff with our entire team and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Royal City, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for a conference March 7th through 10th. The rooms were very comfortable and kept scrupulously clean. Everything was just as I would expect from a hotel of this level. However where this hotel stood out was the friendly and courteous staff. They exemplified 'southern hospitality' at it's finest. Many went over and above to help me see as much of their city, in the short amount of free time I had, as possible. They had great options for me as far as tours and local favorite restaurants. In house, the dining staff went out of their way to introduce a nervous northerner to the way traditional grits would be served. Who knew at fifty something I would discover I loved them? I took home many fond memories of my stay in Louisville, and am planning another trip there with my husband for pleasure next time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind comments about your recent service experience at our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and will share your comments with our team.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent the night at the Marriott Louisville Downtown on May 27 and have found my new favorite hotel in the Louisville area. This is a great hotel, much larger than expected, and features a restaurant, sports bar and Starbucks in the lobby. The interior design and materials are all top-notch. The hallways are well lit, there are plenty of electrical outlets in the room, and the personal care products were all top-quality. My room was large, clean and quiet. The elevators were fast and the valet service was very good. The chocolates on the bed were a nice touch, too.

The location is convenient to the convention center and a short walk from the restaurants and nightclubs along 4th Street. (Although 4th Street is looking more and more like it's on its last legs. The closure of The Pub is a loss and most of the establishments I passed looked empty.) In the morning, the drive to the airport was mercifully brief -- I was at the rental car lot within 20 minutes of rolling away from the valet stand.

My only complaint -- and it continues to be a complaint at large chain hotels near convention centers and airports -- is the WiFi fee. If you want to charge for your WiFi, stop the nickel-and-dime game and just add it to the room cost! Most of us are going to need to use email or surf the 'Net while we've got some down time. Don't make us feel like you're offering some kind of exclusive, premium service only available at your hotel. We're captives in the room and you're using Internet access to squeeze another $14.95 out of our expense accounts. That's weak sauce, Marriott -- your customers deserve the same free WiFi offered at lesser establishments.

Room Tip: Only stayed one night, but try to get a room near the elevator if you're prone to over-sleeping...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us last week. We are glad you enjoyed the hotels newly renovated guestrooms and the hotel outlets. We too are disappointed that the Pub on 4th Street closed but we have learned that there a number of new restaurants opening up later in the spring in that area to compliment the 25 new restaurants that have opened up on the Main Street corridor. We also noted your comment on the Wi-Fi cost and we do offer some packages on the weekends and mid week that will include this option. Thanks again for taking the time to comment and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Morehead, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed in several hotels over the last few years in downtown Louisville and must admit that this hotel is great. And very, very close to 4th Street Live entertainment district. The folks were great at the hotel and felt very comfortable. Of course not all can be great so here is my one problems. The parking. I elected self-park and since I was there for a business meeting and there were several others groups meeting self-park was at a premium. The parking is below the hotel and I did find a spot along side one of the up ramps coming from the 3rd level. The first level is for valet parking so valet parking might not be a bad idea. But if coming in on a weekend you should not have any problems. Again..great hotel and a great location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are excited to hear after sampling the Louisville Hotel scene that the Louisville Marriott has earned the distincation as your hotel of choice. We are thrilled at the newly renovated guestrooms but have also invested a great deal of enery into our service delivery to compliment the new rooms and we are happy that you were able to experience that. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.