“Good hotel, wish the rooms had free wifi”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed five nights at this Marriott for a conference. It is a gorgeous hotel and it has a walkway to the conference center which is very convenient. Service was good, and the room was clean and modern. The pool was a little small but very nice. For those who appreciate a good coffee like me, it was nice to have a Starbucks in the Lobby.
My only compaint is that there is no free wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Brad J,

We appreciate the opportunity to serve as your host hotel for your June conference and are thrilled that you had a productive and enjoyable week with us. While there is a fee for the Wi Fi services in the guestroom we do offer it complimentary in the hotel business center and in the hotel's public space on the first two floors of the hotel. In addition, Marriott Rewards members who reach Gold and Platinum status are also offered complimentary in room Wi Fi service. Thank you again for sharing your experience as our guest.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a very nice Marriott. Updated and clean, with a very friendly staff. Located in the heart of downtown, it is a very short walk to the river front or numerous restaurants. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your August stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel's location to many of the restaurants and attractions in and around downtown Louisville and that you were able to sample some of the great culinary talents of our community.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott for 3 nights. Talk about southern hospitality! The reception area, the concierge, staff, parking attendant, etc. were extremely friendly and very helpful. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. The location was very good for getting around town. The buffet breakfast was quite good but the cost a bit high. I can't eat $16.50 worth of buffet food at one sitting for any of my meals. We had access to the Concierge Dining Room where a more simple buffet was available for free for one morning. That was quite good but, unfortunately, the dining room is closed on weekends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great comments from your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate the acknowledgmetn of the southern hospitality and will be sure to share that with our team. We are pleased that your enjoyed the conveniant downtown location and were able to get out and enjoy some of the city. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. All of the staff at this hotel seemed to honestly really want to help people. I do have to say I would have given this hotel a 5 star except for several small things that kept me from doing that:
1. Concierge seemed to know nothing. Closest shoe store (needed some dress shoes for a party)....had no idea. Also, other questions.....just did not know.
2. Bill was incorrect upon check out. Glad I looked. I was charged for valet parking and self parking both. They did correct this but took some doing. If I hadn't caught this, I would have paid another $75.00 in parking fees.
3. My restaurant bill was incorrect one night also. I paid cash for some drinks and charged the food bill to my room. I was charged for the drinks to my room also even though I did not put a room number on the check or sign it. Guess the waiter wanted to really get a BIG tip.

Other than these items - hotel gives great service. Rooms are workable for size...not huge but not really small either. Housekeeping service was great. Our housekeeper left towels made into things like flowers, a shirt and tie, etc in our bathroom. Just a really nice touch that let us know she appreciated our staying there.

Food is excellent in both restaurants....Blu and Champions. Bfast Buffet in Blu is topnotch daily!

Everyone asks how things are and smiles and greats you. This hotel does seem to care about their customers!

Great location to walk to the happening places on 4th St. Lots of fun to be had in that area and only a few blocks walk.

I would recommend this hotel. Just check your bill when you check out for errors!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback from your stay and for highlighting your restaurant experience. I will also share your comments about the staff service with our team here at the hotel in particular with the housekeeping team. ( we are glad you enjoyed the towel art) Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a first. I'm Gold on Marriott, Gold on Hilton and I've never heard this one. I stayed here on the night of 8/20 and 21 and noticed that my used drinking glass had not been replaced with a new one. Instead it was "Washed" in the sink and placed back in the rack. When management was notified the Housekeeping Manager looked me straight in the eye and said they were trying to be green and the maids carried soap on their cart and washed the glasses in the sink. Their theory, if you are staying over you can put up with your own germs! When I told Taylor Hart, the manager, that the person who used the glass was not me he held firm and said, "well it was washed". Now I don't know about you but I don't, and I hate to be graphic, run my finger around my bathroom sink at home or at a hotel and then lick it. Washing a glass without a specific sanitation cycle like they do in their restaurant and bar has to be a health code violation. I'll follow up once I speak the Louisville health department tomorrow.

Bottom line: If not a health code violation, this is certainly is a violation of trust. You would think that after all the incidents like this documented on 20/20 and Dateline that this procedure wouldn't even be a remote consideration. Green is one thing, putting a guests health at risk is another. If I had checked out this evening I doubt very seriously that a maid would come in and "redo" the room with clean everything before it was rented out again. I recommend you stay elsewhere or if you do stay here,,,use the paper cups!

The arrogance shown by this young manager is not the Marriott I have come to know.

4  Thank KCTraveller5171

Dear Guest,

Thank you for making known your concern regarding your recent stay with us. I
understand that you have already spoken with our Front Office Manager and I apologize that our hotel cleaning standards were not communicated correctly to you. Our green program is an optional linen/towel reuse program that guests can opt into and all linens are cleaned after each guest depature. Glassware is not part of that program is to be cleaned and sanitized after each use. I have included the standard below. Thank you again for your feedback.

• All glassware that has been used (or unwrapped) must be removed from the guestroom and replaced with cleaned, sanitized (and pre-wrapped) glassware.
• Empty any glassware contents.
• Inspect glassware for damage (e.g., chips, cracks).
Discard damaged glassware in the appropriate container.
• Place dirty glassware right-side up in the rack or collection bin that is used exclusively for dirty glassware. Ensure dirty glassware does not come in contact with clean, sanitized, glassware.
• Place sanitized, clean, (pre-wrapped) glassware in the guestroom according to brand standard.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is well placed with adequate parking in an underground lot (expensive though). The decor is current and the facility has a number of dining options on property as well as within reasonable walking distance. Dining quality is good for a hotel restaurant. The front desk is well staffed and the staff is very accomodating. Rooms are quite comfortable and ergonomically well planned for work. TV selections are very good and internet reliable (although expensive). I would recommend this property for work or pleasure....but not full price. It is overpriced for the location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you posting feedback from your recent stay and we are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the comments on the accomodating service from our front desk team and we will be sure to share these kind words with them.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Wasn't expecting much from a cookie-cutter Marriott hotel but they've done a great job. Property is great... dinning and rooms are above average for a Marriott Hotel and the location to the convention center and the entertainment district is unbeatable.

Room Tip: Corner rooms feel slightly larger and are very quiet.