“Nice Hotel but I am not sure that I will stay here again.”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel but I am not sure that I will stay here again.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This was a nice hotel for the two nights that I stayed there. It was very quiet. As a platinum rewards member, however I was not upgraded and I was not told that there was nothing available. I was not given my standard room on the concierge floor. None of my profile preferences were offered as far as the room was concerned. I mau sound a bit whiny but when you spend in excess of 150 nights a year in a hotel you look for the little things that make you comfortable and I did not find them here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RCRDSR
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. While I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel, I am dissappointed that we did not acknowledge your frequent stay status or your loyalty to the Marriott Family. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Team and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations should your travel plans bring you back to Louisville.

Paul Kiley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The hotel was wonderfully clean and very receptive to any needs. We had a package coming in and it was easily retrieved. My only complaint is that the beds were small. We had a "double-double" room. Two double beds and those were small double beds. Easily some of the smallest that I have slept on.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, much better than the city view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay and we are pleased that you had an enjoyable and productive conference at the Marriott. I have shared your review with our Front Office Manager regarding the great comments on the service of our concierge team so that we may recognize them for making a positive impact during your stay with us.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed for a week long conference. Great location very close to downtown attractions such as 4th Street Live, Louisville Slugger Museum/Factory.

Pros - Nice Hotel, six elevators - quick for the number of guests, nice fitness center with newer equipment. Great beds/bedding! Wonderful live music every night in hotel bar, complimentary WSJ and US Today, VPN line for business (but fairly $$), Starbucks on premises. By being a block off 4th street and one block down from live Friday night music, much more peaceful than Hyatt. Close to highways and Churchill Downs is only a short drive.

Cons - HD TV with Analog channels means poor picture quality. Expensive internet service (12.95 day) in room. Free wireless available on 1/2nd floors, but weak signal strength. Parking was high - $21 a night for self-park.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank St_Louis_MORedbird
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great comments regarding you recent stay and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and many of the hotel outlets. I have shared your coments within our team at the hotel so that we can recognize those departments that had a positive impact on your stay. Regarding your note on the HD programing, the addition of the 42 inch flat screen televisions this summer was the first phase in that project and we will be adding a full line of HD programing in phase two of that initiative.

Chicago
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a social convention he was attending. The hotel itself and the rooms were very nice, and the hotel bar had a great ambiance and was always busy. It was walking distance to tons of restaurants, so the location was fabulous. We happened to drive in rather than fly, and parking was fairly expensive, especially considering the price you are already paying for the room. Internet was fairly expensive if you wanted it in your room, but it was free in the lobby. Everyone working was very friendly, although housekeeping was super obnoxious, knocking multiple times while the do not disturb sign was on the door, and after we had answered and told them what time we would be checking out. Overall, we would stay here again. I'm a total germaphobe and this place was VERY clean!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed at the Louisville Marriott for a AHNA conference and the accommodations were fabulous! It was a great location for a convention! I wouls stay again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
SDFLM, Manager at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay for your convention. We are pleased that you had a successful meeting and enjoyed your time at the Marriott and in Louisville. We look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Louisville Downtown from Sunday to Saturday for a convention recently. It was very clean, elegant, the bed was very comfortable. At first my room was right next to the ice machine, After two nights trying to ignore the noise, I asked to be moved. They were nice about it and gave me a different room. No problem! All of the staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I did not use the pool or gym, which looked to be nice. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Hotel is very clean. The rooms are nice. The beds are comfortable. I was here for a conference and the hotel made lunch for us. The food was great and the service was better than most restaurants. My only complaints are the wifi is $12 a day and there is no complimentary breakfast. You get those at a holiday inn!

• Stayed July 2011