“Great place for a convention!”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed at the Louisville Marriott for a AHNA conference and the accommodations were fabulous! It was a great location for a convention! I wouls stay again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
SDFLM, Manager at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay for your convention. We are pleased that you had a successful meeting and enjoyed your time at the Marriott and in Louisville. We look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Louisville Marriott Downtown

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Louisville Downtown from Sunday to Saturday for a convention recently. It was very clean, elegant, the bed was very comfortable. At first my room was right next to the ice machine, After two nights trying to ignore the noise, I asked to be moved. They were nice about it and gave me a different room. No problem! All of the staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I did not use the pool or gym, which looked to be nice. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Hotel is very clean. The rooms are nice. The beds are comfortable. I was here for a conference and the hotel made lunch for us. The food was great and the service was better than most restaurants. My only complaints are the wifi is $12 a day and there is no complimentary breakfast. You get those at a holiday inn!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I would love to give this place a great review. After all, it was a nice hotel with lots of nice features. But I can't give a good review until the hotel is ready to keep promises for their poor planning.

I went to check in around noon for a major business conference across the street. The hotel decided to not let anyone check in early even though they had empty rooms and our business conference was starting in about an hour for the first session. (I have never been to a hotel that did not allow early registration if they had empty rooms). The hotel staff directed us to leave our luggage in a side meeting room. When I and three other business men went to retrieve our luggage after our first session, it was gone.

The hotel promised to find our luggage during our stay. When we returned at midnight after our evening session they still had no luggage for us. I asked for free laundry services to clean the clothes I was wearing. I was directed to the laundry machines that take quarters. I asked if they would comp me quarters to clean my clothes. The night staff would not oblige. In fact, they did not tell me that there was no change machines in the laundry facilities. So I had to go back to the desk later to get change.

The next morning part of our luggage showed up but still missing the bulk of it. The hotel comped us free breakfast which was nice. But by 4 pm when it was time for us to leave there was still no luggage. We were begged to let them buy us dinner in the hotel to give them more time to find our luggage, so we obliged. They also comped our room that night which was nice. We were also promised by the manager on duty certificates mailed to us for a free night's stay at any Marriott in the country.

By the time we had to leave that night there was still no luggage. So they promised us if they did not find it in the next couple of days they would pay for the cost of our luggage. They called me two days later to say give them more time. And ever since then (over 3 weeks) they will not return phone calls or punch me through to a manager. To date I have received no certificate for a free night's stay or any money to cover the loss for my luggage. Their poor planning was bad enough, but now they are showing no integrity by not keeping their promises or returning phone calls.

I will be happy to adjust this review if/when the hotel decides to keep their promises. For now I will continue to try to get answers. The staff initially appeared to try to help us, but ever since we left the hotel we have gotten the run around.

5  Thank bcmguy
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for providing feedback on your stay and I sorry to hear about the challenges with your luggage. It is my understanding that you have been working with Rob Mastro from the hotel and a satisfactory resolution has been reached. If this is not the case can you contact me direct at paul.kiley@marriottlouisville.com. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Paul

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Quick overnight trip on July 3rd with family. Clean rooms, friendly staff. Typical experience with Marriott. Still do not understand the ongoing saga of the Marriott properties charging for internet service. Left a Kindle in the room and after some communication issues they were able to find it and shipped it back to NC...thanks y'all!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The hotel is very beautiful and everyone I have interacted with has been very pleasant and helpful. The room we're in is very nicely coordinated, linens are lovely, and the view is not bad. So, why just 4 stars? Several reasons: The bed looks very nice, but is not as comfortable as one would expect. Not the worst we've had, but definitely not the best. The only lavatory in the room is located in the bathroom. Normally not a problem, but if there is no fan in the bathroom, after a shower you can't see the mirror, and it's not possible to do your hair or apply makeup until the steam clears. But I like the Bath and Body Works shampoo and lotion.

Also, the only coffee available is either the mini here in the room (never very good), or the Starbucks in the lobby. And we do miss our continental breakfast! But there is a Panera Bread a couple of blocks from here, and a great diner called "The Dish On Market". Had a nice breakfast there that didn't break the bank. And the people there are super nice! There is no microwave in the room, but they did bring me a mini fridge, which I do appreciate. And yep, gotta pay for wifi and underground parking. Kinda ruins the value rating.

But I would like to mention that they have allowed me a later check-out time, since our meetings are running past the standard 11:00. I do appreciate that courtesy. Overall, great hotel, great staff just not what you would expect on the amenities.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I've stayed at many of the area hotels, mostly other Marriott properties but this hotel takes the cake. It's very nice, upscale with awesome staff. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends