“Perfect location for Louisville stay”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Brownsburg, IN
“Perfect location for Louisville stay”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The location of the hotel is perfect. Walking distance to all downtown attactions and plenty of dining options. The staff was incredible to my family from check in all the way to the very helpful valet when we were leaving. We enjoyed all aspects of our stay. I especially recommend if in town for the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon. Hotel is a few blocks from start/finish and across the street from the expo.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Lower Michigan
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Clean hotel, friendly staff. We stayed here for the Kentucky Derby Marathon. Close enough to start/finish. Parking is expensive in the city, the valet was about $23 per day. Rooms were big and clean. Nice views from hotel rooms. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissMyDog
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Stayed here for a quick overnight business trip. Hotel is quite nice and is a typical Marriott property. Hotel was rather full when I checked in and although I had requested a King size bed, I was told none were available. The person at the front desk said that she did have a room with double beds and a "great view of the river" that would make up for the lack of a King size bed. I think the "great view of the river" comment was really in the eyes of the beholder because I had a view of the convention center right outside my window and tiny, tiny, tiny view of the river out of the corner of the window. Regardless, the room was clean and comfortable and I just reminded myself that the view shouldn't make/break my stay.

Location is within walking distance to lots of restaurants and although I didn't rent a car during my stay, if I did, I think it would have never left the garage.

The Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel is great to grab a quick cup of coffee on the way out the door. Very convenient.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 15, 2011

My co-worker and I went there for a conference and were disappointed by the service. There was obviously a new person working at the desk when we checked in, and instead of having someone there to assist her, she was struggling along on her own, at a very slow rate. She told my colleague there were no more rooms with king beds available, even though she reserved one. Finally someone else came along and showed the newbie how to get a king room. Also, they must have known a lot of people would be showing up for this conference and they did not appear to be ready for the influx at the registration desk.

My room was ok but there was a terrible sound like a wind tunnel going through the duct work.

Our salads were served while the key note speaker was speaking, and we courteously did not eat while she was speaking. The server kept asking if we were done and even started to remove my plate until I told her I had not even started yet! My colleague has some food allergies and when she mentioned them to the servers, most of them acted very annoyed that they would have to bring something different to her. In fact, she was told "it will be awhile". When she finally got her food, it was dry chicken on top of dry pasta, no sauce. I asked them to bring her some olive oil and that seemed like another big imposition. Having said this, I will admit, there were some servers better than others and some really went out of their way to accommodate her, but our first impression was not a good one and is always a lasting impression. Once the banquet manager found out about her allergies, he told her to come directly to him and he would take care of it, which he did. After that, it was much better.

The hotel staff was very nice and courteous and the food and service at the restaurant was very good. Also, travelers beware: Do Not take a yellow cab! Our Yellow cab driver was a total jerk and his cab reeked of cigarette smoke. I’m surprised the Marriott even flagged one down for us. Last time I was in Louisville, the hotel told me to only use Regency, but once the bellman flagged down the yellow cab, I felt awkward not using it. I would only recommend Regency Cab service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tamminsun
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with our Front Office and Restaurant teams and appreciate your time in providing constructive feedback for improvement.
Rockland Cnty, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Upon arrival i received a friendly welcome from the front door staff, who wear uniforms. The lobby is well appointed and large. Check in was slightly delayed, only one position was open and an older couple kept the desk clerk fully engaged for 10 minutes as a line grew. However, the staff was gracious and helpful with my requests (high room, king) all of which were provided, although it was a handicap accessible room.
Marriott has great standards for cleanliness, and my room was just perfect. Clean, quiet (even though it was near the elevators) and roomy.

No complaints about the room staff, always kept the room clean. They even made a towel animal (if kids were with me it would have been a treat for them...

Fitness room was on the smaller side of a convention center Marriott location. Handful of treadmills and elliptical machines. I didn't have a wait, but others did. No free-weights at all. Didn't use the pool however it looked nice for laps.

The sports restaurant in the lobby was pricey for the quality of the food. But the staff was kind.

All in all a pleasant Marriott experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ChiefJack
New Jersey
Reviewed March 29, 2011

First, I will say that we did encounter some problems with respect to getting our room cleaned and restocked with certain amenities; however, we did get the issues resolved to our satisfaction. Aside from this one hiccup in our stay, the hotel is beautiful. Our room was roomy and comfortable. There were plenty of the standard amenities without having to ask for more (as there were three of us in the room).

Down side - expensive overnight parking and internet fees.

We had an event to atttend in the convention center, so the short connecting walkway was a blessing. Fourth Street Live is right around the corner and The Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum are a short walk away.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Angola, Indiana
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Fantastic location. Great service by the staff. Really enjoyed our stay here

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family