“Good, generic hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Good, generic hotel”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel was clean, spacious, and utterly boring, which when working alone in another city is just fine. There's not much around this hotel, except the Kentucky national guard, or some such thing and several other hotels. But if you've got a car, the hotel is very close to the highways. I did have a car so I can't comment on the food at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank moonsammy4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

If you want convenience to Cinci and a decent price got quality, stay here.

We had a room with two double beds. The door into the bathroom was a bit awkward due to the suez and shape of the bathroom but we learned to open the door wide.

Don't forget to put the do-not-disturb sign out, the maids come to clean early, about 8am.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AngieAngleways
Richland, Washington
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We are Hilton Honors member and we have never stayed at a more friendly location. The staff were amazing and wonderful. Ate at the grill and the food was so good. An exceptional location. Didn't really like the Louisville area but the hotel made up for some of it. Great staff, greeted every morning. Wonderful location. Very close to the conference I was attending at the University.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lahafner
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the last 5-6 years, and usually have been extremely pleased with the service, quality of my stay and the value received. On this occasion, I was disappointed.

My reception clerk efficiently checked me into my room and they were able to satisfy my request for an upper floor room which was nice and quiet.

The bed was comfortable as usual, the room and bathroom were both clean and the furnishings were in fine working condition. The linens were good quality and the bathroom personal care items were quality products.

There were a couple of things about the room did not meet my expectations:
1) No matter how long I waited, I was unable to get hot water dispensed from the shower. I could get it to be lukewarm if I set the faucet all the way to the hot setting, but the water never got what I would call "hot". I took 2 showers, one at about 6 PM and one at about 11 AM. I experienced the same issue both times. This did not meet my expectations.
2) The complimentary WIFI access only allowed for one device at a time… one laptop, iPad of iPhone. I found this inconvenient as I had to disconnect one device to use another. For the room rate I paid, I found the value of this service less than expected.

Restaurant (breakfast buffet):
Features included a fresh fruit salad, fresh bananas, oatmeal, milk, fruit juices, coffee, a small selection of breads and bagels (not artisan, but commercial grade grocery) scrambled eggs, very good crisp bacon, link and patty sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, and they also had chefs available to custom prepare eggs to your liking. I was pleased with the quality of the food items - not overwhelmed but my expectations were met. NOT meeting my expectations was the level of service in the dining room.

Upon arrival, I was seated at a table that was just being cleaned as I arrived. I was asked for my beverage choice and I let the server know I wanted orange juice and water. I then helped myself to the buffet. When I returned to the table, it was still bare… no water, no orange juice, no flatware or napkins. This surprised me, so I grabbed a flatware set and napkin from a vacant neighboring table. I finished about half my breakfast before a waitress returned to ask if I needed anything. I again asked for orange juice and a glass of water. The waitress did return a couple of minutes later with my beverages, as well as my bill.

Summary:
PRO: Nice clean room, bed and bath personal care items.
CON: Lack of hot water, complimentary WIFI supports only one device, poor service at breakfast.

Room Tip: High floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank WilliamT316
Anderson, Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Staff was so friendly and answered all our questions.
My husband and I have 3 kids so we opted for the 2 double beds suite with sofabed.
Room was very spacious, clean, and beds were comfy.
It had two flatscreen TVs and bathroom was an ok size.
Indoor Pool was somewhat small and only allowed 5 people at a time for safety concerns. But the kids still enjoyed it.
I felt very safe at this hotel with all the locked doors that had to have a room card to access the areas. Will stay here if in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Momof3boyss
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I made my reservation before reading the reviews then I was a little apprehensive because I am a woman traveling alone. I decided to go ahead anyway. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the guys out front. All the gentlemen were very nicely dressed, well groomed and actually quite handsome. When I took the shuttle to the airport at around 5 the morning of my departure it was a totally different story. The guy at the front desk had a frightening appearence. As if that wasn't bad enough I had to ride in a shuttle with him ALONE to the airport. I'm guessing this is the same gentleman that a pervious reviewer wrote about and management said that it was being dealt with however that review was up before I arrived and the situation was still not dealt with. This man picked his nose and farted all the way to the airport. When I arrived I felt so dirty I wanted to shower again. His appearence was so bad that I didn't even let him help me with my bags. His clothes were wrinkled and had some kind of animal hair all over them. I was appalled to find this man downstairs and to know that he was there while I slept was upseting to say the least. I was totally creeped out. He laughed at something he said and snot came out of his nose and landed on me when we were walking to the shuttle. This man has no buisness dealing with the public. On a happpier note everyone else at the hotel was amazing. The guy that took this man's place at the front desk so we could go to the airport was very well groomed and seemed very pleasant. This hotel has a serious problem that truely needs to be dealt with!!!!!!! I personally will not come back to this hotel and neither will anyone from my company!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank travelingsissy
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Louisville Airport Hilton Garden Inn before running the Papa Johns 10 Miler in May 2014. The hotel was very nice. Very clean room that was nicely furnished. The room was quiet which is always an important feature if you stay near a airport. We were only a 5 min walk away from the start of the race which made this a perfect hotel. The staff was well informed about the race and put out special food/snacks for the racers and wished everyone good luck. Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple