“Overall good experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville, United States
“Overall good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Check-in was fast, and the people were friendly. The room was great. Three towels in the bathroom is perfect, one for me and two for my girlfriend. Genius. Everything was clean, no noticeable smells, etc. Any hotel will have this problem, but a Chromecast can't connect to the wifi network, due to the login process. Luckily, we brought a laptop so we still got Netflix. Tv was good. HDMI + usb worked with the Chromecast, but wifi system isn't Chromecast-friendly. Comfy bed & pillows, clean bathroom & shower. The breakfast system is broken, though. -Buffet style, but you have to get silverware & drinks from the servers. If I get my own food, why can't I get my own fork & orange juice? Kind of weird. -Employees were understaffed for the number of guests, maybe 3 servers to about 20-30 guests. -Good food and pleasant, friendly employees, but the system is a bit awkward. Overall, would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Bradford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stay at Hilton's all over the world and I am usually satisfied with the level of service. I am a club member and will continue to patronize them but I will not stay at this property again. The staff was very friendly and seemed to want to be helpful except for the problem with the heating system. We stayed there from Feb25 to Mar.1. It was very cold in Louisville. The "heating system" would turn onto air conditioning if you left the room for any length of time. It would turn to cold air if you tried to change the temp. settings. We called the front desk FIVE times. They sent someone up once and told us there is a sensor in the room that affects the heating and cooling if you leave the room or stop moving, like when you sleep. (This is a Hilton not a Motel 6, or so you would think).

They could not move us because they were full. One time the desk told me to turn off the unit by getting on my hands and knees and shutting off a switch under the window unit. That worked except then we had no heat.

The staff kept saying they wanted to have 10's in their reports, I guess if the top score was 100 I wouldn't have a problem giving them a ten. They made no real effort to help us with this nor compensate us for this enormous inconvenience.

Unless you can live with out heat or don't mind air conditioning when the outside temperature is 20F I would suggest another hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel! From the minute I walked in the door I was treated very well. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The ladies in housekeeping were very accommodating! The front desk people were very helpful! From check-in to check-out I had the greatest experience. I loved when Christy was there in the early morning hours since her Good Morning really made me smile and started my day off right. She seemed very genuine and heartfelt. The older white gentleman said good morning but he said it while picking his nose and I didn't feel as if he really meant it, it sounded like he was saying it out of habit! Love your hotel, keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. It was beautiful as well as warm and friendly. My room was spacious and very clean. The staff was overly friendly especially the front desk. There was only one disappointment for me. When I checked out the tall older white gentleman was at the desk. He was picking his nose and there was a horrible odor coming from behind the desk. Then I heard him farting. He's not the type of person that I expect to find behind the front desk of a Hilton Garden Inn. He actually made my stomach turn and I felt sick for the rest of the day!! Everyone else was extremely amazing!

• Stayed February 2014
coxs creek, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had dinner at he cardinal hall of fame café and then went right behind it and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. Room was clean, hot tub was nice and hot and front desk were very courteous Will stay again. thanks

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Monmouth, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Fast friendly employees. Breakfast crew was on top of their game. Especially, a waitress named Jany R. Who remembered our preferences for different items we wanted for breakfast. Elevators were always fast.

Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

All the staff here is excellent, very friendly and knowledgeable. Domingo and Terry are super helpful. I don't have a bad thing to say about this place. Clean and nice. This is one of the best places i have ever stayed. I can't say enough good about the people here.

Room Tip: Can get a little airport noise, but it is close to the airport. South side is probably quieter.