“Rooms a bit noisy if facing expressway. Bar and restaraunt service slow. Very nice and clean!”

Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Its a very nice looking with great potential. Improve on the service in bar and restaurant. Try and reduce noise level for rooms facing expressway. Rooms a bit noisy if facing expressway. Bar and restaraunt service slow. Very nice and clean hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from expressway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Bud V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Steve;

I want to thank you for staying with us as we all appreciate your business. I am the new General Manager at the Garden Inn and I sincerely apologize for what was not outstanding service in our Grill & Bar. I think overall we do have a good food & beverage operation, but evidently we have some areas we need to focus on so thank you very much for your comments. Again thank you for staying with us.

Bud Vivion, GM

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the national farm machinery show. They do run a shuttle back & forth. Very slow. We even left the tractor pull early so we would not have to wait for too long. Wrong. The Marriott shuttle driver felt sorry for us & offered to take us, so we took him up on his offer, twice. Hilton needs to take a lesson from the very courteous driver from Marriott. The rooms were average. The walk in shower was very nice. We did get bottled water on our arrival., which was nice. The indoor pool is small but adequate. The hotel breakfast was excellent best part of our stay. The cook & server were the best!! Kudos to them. The front desk needs lessons from them. The guy was not rude just nothing special. He was more interested in the woman that walked in behind me than me. Guess she was a regular. I think we will try Marriott courtyard next time.
Tip: the front desk has coupons for the cardinal hall of fame cafe.
The breakfast buffet deal was a good deal with the room. Check online.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I arrived in Louisville on a rainy evening for a business trip. As noted in my Hilton Honors profile, I did receive a room away from the elevators on a high floor. The front desk staff was very friendly and made me feel very welcome. No issues with the room at all - very quite, clean and comfortable!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was my standard hotel while visiting the area and I've stayed here at least 25 times. Used to be very good but has gone down hill and quickly.

1. The water in the shower was really hard. (Hard meaning slimy) Never was like that before.
2. The shower head sofet was coming off, the tub was a bit cracked.
3. The towels in the room were old. No better then a flimsy Fairfield Inn or Motel Six
4. Room was just more worn.

Airport hotels get run down quicker then regular hotels, but this one really has gone down hill quickly. I'll be looking for another property to stay in during my regular monthly visits to the area.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel had the best staff ever. They were friendly and always there to accomodate our needs. The hotel was very nice seemed brand new, the breakfast was great and the Cardinal Hall of Fame Restaraunt across parking lot is a must to dine there when visiting. Food was amazing. Everything in our room was perfect, clean, newer and the beds were comfort adjustable softness or firm, you could adjust to whatever you prefer. we will definately stay here again when having an event at the Freedom Hall, they had FREE shuttle back and forth 24/7.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last few months. I had a special need and asked for it in advance on the phone when making my reservations. When we arrived at the hotel, the desk clerk told me it was taken care of and it made for a very pleasant stay!
Our room was clean, the bedspread was fresh and clean, the bathroom was very clean. We spent the whole evening in our room because we had an early morning appointment so we definitely had time to notice.
We haven't eaten in the small restaurant in the hotel and they do not offer a free breakfast. It is directly behind the Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe and we always walk across the parking lot to eat their fall off the bone ribs. We've never had anything bad in the Hall of Fame Cafe.
The football stadium is across the street, the fairgrounds are behind the hotel and the airport is nearby. If you have business or medical appointments downtown, this hotel is a good local and a good value. We'll stay again because of the helpful staff, the cleanliness of the room and the great location.

Room Tip: We have not been bothered by people in other rooms or in the hallway. Many times I use earplugs to s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kriskelmom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel has the potential of being a spectacular property. Unfortunately there is a slight disregard for details; especially when it relates to cleanliness. There was a white splash on the side of my nightstand (male DNA????). Gross I know. They should vacuum the hallways to remove small scraps of paper from the floors. The restaurant staff is very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank waltertainment
EMBASSYGMLOU, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Guest;
As the new general manager of this really great hotel I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies for the unfortunate lack of cleanliness in your room. This is completely unacceptable and needs my attention. If by chance you read this I truly hope you will contact me so that I can find out what room you stayed in so that I may do some one on one coaching with our team. Again my sincerest apologies. Bud Vivion GM