“Authentic Mexican Food”

Guaca Mole Cucina Mexicana
Ranked #48 of 1,767 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Knox, Kentucky
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I went here for a birthday dinner. Food was delicious, my wife had the salmon with plantains with a pablano cream sauce, I had the carne asada with carmalized onions and a demi glaze with beans and rice. The house made salsas were a great addition to the meal. There were many interesting choices and plenty to offer for vegitarians as well. We had the chocolate tres leches for desert which was a great ending to a great meal.

• Visited January 2014

“Very Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I enoyed dinner here one evening. It's definitely a more upscale Mexican restaurant than most of the others in town. The decor is pretty simple, but nice.

We found the greeter and the server to both be friendly and good communicators. It took us alittle while to get through the interesting menu, including the drink menu. We ordered a couple of drinks, which were pretty decent. We also ordered the chips and salsa. I've said before that I don't enjoy paying for chips and salsa, but at $2, theirs was cheaper than most, and it provided a little different experience with three types of salsas provided. No problem.

Our entrees were both good and were large enough that we did not quite finish them. With alcohol, the bill got up there a little more than it would at a more typical Mexican restaurant, but the food quality was on a different level. As long as your expectations are geared for better food at a little higher prices, I think you'll be very satisfied. If you're in the mood for more rountine quality and cheaper prices on a given night, pick somewhere else and save this one for later.

We plan to return (actually, my wife already did with a girlfriend).

bwi
“Yummy Mexican Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Guaca Mole has Mexican decor with a Dia de los Muertos theme. Service is very friendly and efficient. Food is excellent. We visited for lunch. The lunch menu offers a nice variety including tacos, sandwiches, and ceviche. Chips and Salsa - three unique, flavorful salsas - to start were excellent. Tacos were very tasty, and served with beans and rice. Prices were very reasonable.

Evansville, Indiana
“Wow gourmet Mexican food on East side of Louisville”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had a business luncheon this past week at Guaca Mole Cucina. I was blown away how good the queso with chorizo sausage was for the appetizer. I had the Poblano with the fabulous mole sauce. It was delicious and presented very attractive as well.

I will definitely come back to Guaca Mole again and definitely for dinner.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Not your averge Mexican place”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We ate lunch at Guaca Mole and it was terrific. I had the grilled beef tacos and they were exceptional. The salsa was very different than what you get at msot Mexican restaurants. We really enjoyed them. Service was very good.

• Visited August 2013