“Trendy Mexican!”

Guaca Mole Cucina Mexicana
Ranked #47 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kentucky
“Trendy Mexican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Guaca Mole is not your typical Mexican! It is upscale eating with beautiful presentation and a tasty twist. Chips & Salsa are a must try - 3 different homemade salsas are presented, each with a different taste treat.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank KentuckyKay

ky
“different”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

visited on a Friday nite got there before the crowd. nice clean environment. noticed annoying noise while looking over menu. sounded like someones boom box too loud. like a real low bass sound. asked waiter and he said it was air conditioner making noises. menu is very poor laid out with fancy names for simple dishes. orderd chips and salsa.(1.99) received tray with three different style salsa. one a roasted red pepper type other like a green salsa and not sure about the third. all where good not special though. ran out of chips but there was never a acknowledgement or offer for a refill. longer than acceptable wait for food. drinks filled promptly. Fish tacos ok but long john silver better. not worth 14.00 for three. enchilada was ok, sauce nasty. pork tender but not good, bad taste from seasoning used.
waiter good when we saw him. long wait to receive check and pay bill. place was packed when we left with people waiting for seat. over all feel of this place is it trying to be a high end sophisticated Mexican restaurant to impress people in the eastern part of town. give it a try you might like it but we will go else where. was hoping this would be a great place to get something different from the usual crap in town that is passed off as mexican, the quality is good but it is same old food just with better window dressing.

• Visited October 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good food at great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My coworkers and I visited this place for lunch and it was wonderful! Huge sandwich with awesome mole sauce (had enough left for lunch the next day!) The guacamole was excellent as well, very fresh especially considering this isn't exactly the best time of year to get avocados. Will definitely be back for more!

• Visited November 2012
Leitchfield, KY
“New Favorite Mexicanish Joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

The same group who runs Havanna Rumba and Mojitos have done a great job adding some Mexican flare to Louisville at Guacamole. I ate there Thursday, 11/1. At first I was a bit put off by the $1.99 charge for Chips and salsa- then they brought it to the table and all doubts disappeared with the beautiful presentation and unique flavors. I ordered the pozolé and while it had a few too many tortilla strips atop the dish for my tastes it was definitely a keeper. For my main entree, I ordered the carnitas (my usual litmus test by which Mex joints are qualified). The carnitas was without a doubt the most tender I've ever had. They threw in one chunk that had enough fat to flavor a banquet and it was delicious.

The food is more Mexican style than "autentico" Mexican, but it was great and I'll definitely return.

My only two caveats to an otherwise great meal were:

1) I'm not a huge black bean fan and there frijoles are made with black beans. I did taste them and have to admit I could acquire a taste for this particular recipe.

2) The menu claims the tortillas are made in house. Although I didn't challenge the assertion, I had a hard time accepting the fact that the corn tortillas I was served were not store bought. I have plenty of experience with tortillas having cooked them for a number of years while in high school, having married into a Mexican family and having lived in Los Angeles for three years. I suppose they could have a machine in the back that makes perfect, industrial looking and tasting tortillas, but I definitely didn't feel like I was eating a freshly made tortilla.

Arkansas
“Not the Tex Mex food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on recommendation of hotel desk clerk. A bit higher -priced than we usually find at Mexican restaurants, but this is not the usual food. It was all so good...bursting with flavors.

The 1.99 salsa and chips includes three salsas and our server later brought a fourth she wanted us to try. Husband had fish tacos; i had vegetarian tacos. It was too much food to finish.

Our server described offerings and was most attentive. We sat at the bar. The restaurant was a busy place on a Thursday evening.