“Good food at great price”

Guaca Mole Cucina Mexicana
Ranked #48 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good food at great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My coworkers and I visited this place for lunch and it was wonderful! Huge sandwich with awesome mole sauce (had enough left for lunch the next day!) The guacamole was excellent as well, very fresh especially considering this isn't exactly the best time of year to get avocados. Will definitely be back for more!

• Visited November 2012

Leitchfield, KY
“New Favorite Mexicanish Joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

The same group who runs Havanna Rumba and Mojitos have done a great job adding some Mexican flare to Louisville at Guacamole. I ate there Thursday, 11/1. At first I was a bit put off by the $1.99 charge for Chips and salsa- then they brought it to the table and all doubts disappeared with the beautiful presentation and unique flavors. I ordered the pozolé and while it had a few too many tortilla strips atop the dish for my tastes it was definitely a keeper. For my main entree, I ordered the carnitas (my usual litmus test by which Mex joints are qualified). The carnitas was without a doubt the most tender I've ever had. They threw in one chunk that had enough fat to flavor a banquet and it was delicious.

The food is more Mexican style than "autentico" Mexican, but it was great and I'll definitely return.

My only two caveats to an otherwise great meal were:

1) I'm not a huge black bean fan and there frijoles are made with black beans. I did taste them and have to admit I could acquire a taste for this particular recipe.

2) The menu claims the tortillas are made in house. Although I didn't challenge the assertion, I had a hard time accepting the fact that the corn tortillas I was served were not store bought. I have plenty of experience with tortillas having cooked them for a number of years while in high school, having married into a Mexican family and having lived in Los Angeles for three years. I suppose they could have a machine in the back that makes perfect, industrial looking and tasting tortillas, but I definitely didn't feel like I was eating a freshly made tortilla.

Arkansas
“Not the Tex Mex food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on recommendation of hotel desk clerk. A bit higher -priced than we usually find at Mexican restaurants, but this is not the usual food. It was all so good...bursting with flavors.

The 1.99 salsa and chips includes three salsas and our server later brought a fourth she wanted us to try. Husband had fish tacos; i had vegetarian tacos. It was too much food to finish.

Our server described offerings and was most attentive. We sat at the bar. The restaurant was a busy place on a Thursday evening.

Louisville
“pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family of 4 had attempted to eat at Guaca Mole a few times, but there was always a wait. We ventured again and decided to go ahead and wait for a table this particular night. The wait was not bad and it was completely worth the wait. The atmosphere was very nice, the food was delicious and we didn't break the bank feeding a family of 4. Can't wait to go back! Thanks Chef Dean Corbett for a nice Mexican restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Ada R
Louisville, Kentucky
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

First dining experience at Guaca Mole tonight and can't wait for a return trip. My husband ordered the Salmon Pibil, and fortunately he shared some with me; it was wonderful. I ordered the Short Ribs Enfrijoladas which were also great, and of course we ordered some of the traditional guacamole. There are so many options to consider ordering for our next visit to Guace Mole. Our service was excellent with no signs of the concerns mentioned by other reviewers. Our server, Barbaro, did an excellent job of making sure we were well taken care of.

• Visited October 2012