“pleasantly surprised”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Louisville
“pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family of 4 had attempted to eat at Guaca Mole a few times, but there was always a wait. We ventured again and decided to go ahead and wait for a table this particular night. The wait was not bad and it was completely worth the wait. The atmosphere was very nice, the food was delicious and we didn't break the bank feeding a family of 4. Can't wait to go back! Thanks Chef Dean Corbett for a nice Mexican restaurant.

2 Thank Ada R

Louisville, Kentucky
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

First dining experience at Guaca Mole tonight and can't wait for a return trip. My husband ordered the Salmon Pibil, and fortunately he shared some with me; it was wonderful. I ordered the Short Ribs Enfrijoladas which were also great, and of course we ordered some of the traditional guacamole. There are so many options to consider ordering for our next visit to Guace Mole. Our service was excellent with no signs of the concerns mentioned by other reviewers. Our server, Barbaro, did an excellent job of making sure we were well taken care of.

2 Thank BuckeyeGal54
Louisville, Kentucky
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

What a treat! This is an upscale, modern Mexican restaurant with a cool decor and fabulous flavors. It's along the lines of Mojito, so if you're looking for quesadillas and nachos, keep on looking. Our waiter was attentive and helpful in selecting a variety of items to try. We had the traditional guacamole (good), chips and salsa (a trio of very unique choices), poblano mole (chicken in a divine mole sauce), grilled fish tacos (my favorite!), carnitas (tender and flavorful), mixed seafood ceviche (very different, yet good) as well as rice and beans. All of it was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. My family appreciates bold flavors, good service and a hip, welcoming environment. This ticked all the boxes, we'll definitely be back! Especially to try their Sunday brunch. They had me with chilaquiles....

2 Thank Karin T
United States
“Excellent Food But Service Needs to Get Better...”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We visited Guaca Mole on a very busy Sunday evening. The call ahead seating worked well for us (up to one hour from your arrival).

The visit started out exceptionally well, when the restaurant was less busy. The waiter was very friendly and helpful and even comped us some samples of guacamole (quite large samples) when we could not decide. Unfortunately once the restaurant got busy we rarely saw the waiter and glasses went unfilled, food was not checked on, and plates were not cleared before dessert was served! Ugh! The waiter's helpers were Mexican women (he was Mexican also) and very unfriendly and sluggish, like they were tired and did not want to even make an effort to smile.

On the good side the food was quite tasty. It is nothing I am dying to go back and get a second helping of but it was pleasant. I had the vegetarian tamales and as written in other reviews they were quite good. One of my dining mates had the same and agreed. The short ribs were reported as good but the serving was SO large. For dessert we had the homeade ice cream trio - pistachio, coconut and chocolate - pretty average, I would pass on it next time. For a drink I had the mix of margarita and sangria, it was fair but not as good as competitor (perhaps sister restaurant) Havana's who has mastered that one! Oh and if you have ever lived in Mexico, you will quickly know this is not authentic. I am not sure where some are coming for with those reviews - you have to go down around Churchhill Downs to get authentic.

I would go back if friends wanted to but there are better restaurants in town.

• Visited September 2012
Treasure Island, Florida
“Louisville's best new Mexican Restaurant.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Behind McD on N Hurstborne Family owned and operated by the team that opened Havana Rumba and Mohito's. Nice menu and big drinks. Don't come if you are looking for your favorite Mexican Food. Come if you can't get to Mexico and want some authentic Mexican Food.

2 Thank ColonelTJ