“Great fun on a rainy day!”

Bluegrass Karting & Events
Ranked #6 of 40 Fun & Games in Louisville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bluegrass Karting & Events is Louisville's high-speed recreation destination! Enjoy Louisville’s fastest go-karts with friends, family and co-workers...or book a Corporate Event, Birthday party, or Bachelor party! Our combination of 40 mph go-karts, a professionally designed 40,000 square-feet road course, and a computerized lap-timing system makes it like no other karting option in the area!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I went with my father and uncle on a rainy day and had a great time. The staff was friendly and professional, and it made our experience all the better. The carts are semi-professional and online with the carts at F1 Boston and similar tracks. I loved it.

2  Thank leonhiggins
"outing"
"bella"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Helps to understand a little about the laws of physics before going. You are racing against yourself .....for your best time. Fast cars, fun time, a little hot inside

Justin L, Owner at Bluegrass Karting & Events, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Just wanted to clarify to readers the format of racing at Bluegrass Indoor Karting. We place up to 8 karts on the track at once, so drivers are in fact competing against one another and not simply racing against themselves or the clock. When the race is over, each driver receives a personalized printout with lap times and rankings comparing all the other drivers in the same race. The driver with the fastest lap time is considered the winner of the race.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've been multiple times to race with friends and family. The staff is always courteous, the track and lobby are very clean, oh and the karts are very fast!! This is a technical track, not one of the other low rent options where you hold the gas pedal down the entire time; you are forced to use the brakes and run the right lines if you want to be fast. I recommend this location to all my friends travelling to the area.

3  Thank Nicholas3334
Reviewed July 10, 2012

As a catastrophe response team member, I have the pleasure of working in many states, many countries. We sometimes work 18 hour days, seven days a week. When it is time to relax, take a break, etc. we always look for something fun and competitive to do. We discovered Bluegrass Indoor Karting, and realized that on inclement weather days, this is the place to go to unwind.

The facility is new, modern, INDOOR, and has a very friendly and helpful staff. The karts are new, the track is clean and smooth, and the karts have computerized timers so that at the end of your race, you know EXACTLY who is the winner.

Great fun for groups, teams, co-workers, families, friends and could be a great fund-raising event for your club or organization.

The owner is always onsite, ready to assist with anything you need.

Just wish they had more food options.

4  Thank Steve Z
See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My father, two younger brothers and I had a blast racing each other when we gathered for a family reunion in Louisville. The turns on the track are tight and the karts really zip, so it's quite an intense experience. I must admit I was a bit nervous when I put on my helmet and neck brace, but when the acceleration began it was pure joy. The staff was great, they took lots of great pictures for us to help preserve the memory. We left debating whether our time differentials were based mostly on skill or body weight. Upon completion of the race you're presented with detail charting of lap times and positioning that gives plenty of material for post-race breakdown. Totally awesome!

5  Thank Stephen W