“Great downtown public space on the Ohio”

Louisville Waterfront Park
Ranked #14 of 174 things to do in Louisville
GREEN BAY
375 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 305 helpful votes
“Great downtown public space on the Ohio”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Used the waterfront park and old river road area for a morning run with my brother in law who lives in downtown near the baseball park. Trails were marked with quarter mile increments. Great vistas of the Ohio river. Several restaurants located at or near the river.

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Iowa City, Iowa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great walking trails”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed at hotel on river and adjacent to park. Clean walking trails and felt safe walking by myself while spouse in meetings. Thank you to people of Louisville for excellent stay!

Visited July 2014
Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Lincoln Memorial Enlightening”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We had planned on going to the Big 4 Bridge, but ended up pulling into the Lincoln Parking lot just before it. (West of it, I believe.) We didn't want to walk that far to get to the bridge, and found, by accident, this memorial to Abraham Lincoln. It was very intriguing and enlightening, in that I hadn't realized Abe had been born in Kentucky! (Me, a lifelong American!) Anyway, it was a nice memorial, with a lot of information that showed he had a life before Illinois. I don't recall learning this in school. This park is actually a series of lots, and I believe each lot has something to view and learn from. I'm glad we chose Lincoln, as my wife will be able to use it in her teaching of International students.
The other nice thing was that we turned left out of the lot and turned right on Frankfort, which took us right up to the American Printing House for the Blind. (The GPS routed us around this lower part of Frankfort, but we enjoyed the drive through this area.)
I'd suggest you take in several of the park areas at a time, maybe moving from one to the other, if you want to see all it has to offer. We didn't have time, so we'll come back and check it out again later.

Visited July 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Great Concert:”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was at the soulfood fest in June the 14, it was for a birthday celebration, I have never been to Louisville. Ky, so I was really amaze at the view from across the bridge, and I never really imagine the water, so much water to my amazement. I really enjoyed the concert, the setting was really nice, and the sound system was not too loud, just right. The people and the fashion were really a plus to the concert. the singers were so awesome, I especially love the Whispers, they alway gve a good performance. I just was very happy to see that the it is a very busy city, with so much to see and do. Yes my weekend was very memeorable, and exciting.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank geneva08
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Fun!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a great park next to the Ohio River with easy access from Downtown, but otherwise kind of hard to get there. It has some great playgrounds and also a water area which is great when it's hot.

Visited August 2014