“Amazing!!”

Louisville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This place is amazing in quality of food, service, and atmosphere. I have eaten here over 6 times in the last year and it is always consistently good. The beef bigoda is so good that I can't resist ordering one for the table. We have bought several friends here and they are also amazed at how good it is. The owner is friendly and the service is good. You know it is a true Korean restaurant when a lot of the guest are speaking Korean. The decor and the seating area is warm and inviting. Don't miss this jewel in Louisville.

• Visited December 2013

Motoyoshi-gun, Miyagi, Japan
“Salvation!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Guys, can we take a moment to talk about the side dishes? Because this place DELIVERS on the banchan. The portions are huge,and the staff is very friendly. Bottom line, when you walk into a restaurant and see a gathering of Korean grandmothers chatting away in the corner, you know this place is legit. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Emily B
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great restaurant with a great service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had dinner last night with a friend. The food was delicious. We had the fish cake for appetizers. And we had Hot Stone Bibim bab for an entree as well as Katsu. Highly recommend the restaurant. Very nice atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
Jacksonville, FL
“Excellent Korean - should be in top ten”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We knew when we entered that this was going to be a geniune Korean experience, when we noticed that half of the diners were Korean or Asian. Although we now live in Florida, I met & married my Louisville native wife here and she is a huge fan of LKorean food. We had our first dinner at Mr Lees, where we had bibimbop. On this visit she ordered her fave bibimbop, and experimented with the spiciest item on the menu: Chicken Bulgog. I am now a HUGE FAN of this restaurant, Korean food in general and this dish in specific. Christina's dish was excellent and the sides she added to the dish top notch. My chicken dish was an imense helping of tender, succulent spicy chicken tenders. The word orgasmic came to mind. Every bite was a savory adventure that made me want to pack the entire place up and take it to Jacksonville, Florida. If we still lived here, I would be here AT LEAST two or three times a month. The atmosphere is romantic / quiet, but friendly. I am ALWAYS impressed when the chef/owner comes out to ask if you enjoyed the meal and doubly impressed when she seemed surprised at our response (one she must hear constantly - 100% satisfied reviews are very rare indeed). Whether you are a Korean food expert or an apprehensive newbie, YOU MUST DINE HERE AT LEAST ONCE. You WILL be back. I look forward to our next trip to Louisville and Charim is definitely our first dining stop. BTW, I still had almost half of my dish left to give to our son, who lives here. I have a hearty appetite and enjoyed every forkful, but the portions here are HUGE!

Visited August 2013
“Must not miss!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Absolutely the best Korean food in the city and honestly one of the best restaurants in the ville as well. The food is delicious and fresh and the owner and family are delightful.

• Visited June 2013