“The Hotel Needs to Be Remodeled”

Howard Johnson Express Inn/Airport
Ranked #78 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
kentucky
“The Hotel Needs to Be Remodeled”
Reviewed March 25, 2008

The hotel needs to be remodeled. The carpets were dirty and torn. The room was dingy and dirty looking. The bed didn't have a fitted sheet, the blankets were dirty looking and old. It needs a total makeover. On the positive side the hotel is very close to the airport and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed April 16, 2007

We stayed here for a late night flight arrival and then drove home the next morning.

Room was clean. Hotel was quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Not many restuarants in the roads by the hotel so we ate at the Executive Inn.

Would recommend for a night prior stay or even if you are visiting Kentucky Kingdom or the Fair Grounds.

• Liked — Room was clean/quiet.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Howard Johnson Inn at the Airport in Louisville, KY Tuesday, 2-27-07. We needed a hotel close to the airport, with 24 hour shuttle for an early flight, and that they were willing to allow us to keep our car parked on site, with no extra fee. This hotel fit the criteria. I got the room for $59, final price. Can't beat that as the price for parking at the airport would have been more for that.

Hotel-very strange shape for a hotel, the word that comes to mind is stubby. It is just not as long as a typical hotel. Maybe all HoJo inn's are such; I've never stayed at one. Small parking area (also, not a gated area) however after being parked for 5 full days, plus the night we stayed, no problems at all.

Room-okay. As previous reviewer listed, do not expect extras, just a basic room. The outside looks newer than the inside of the rooms, walls in bathroom were a light pink color and caulking, etc. seemed rough around the edges. I did find a hair on the phone which sort of grossed me out. I just had to get over it; we were not moving. I wondered how clean the carpet was. The bed was fine.

Shuttle - yes, the front desk clerk is also the driver! However, they are quick to take you to airport, and from the moment I called from the airport that we needed shuttled back, they were there in 5 minutes. It took less than that to get back into our car. I loved the close proximity to the airport.

• Liked — Fast, easy access to airport and free 24 hour shuttle
  • Disliked — Didn't feel as clean as I would have liked.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Kentucky
Reviewed January 31, 2007

I booked a night here with my son and fiance so that we could go to a concert at Freedom Hall, which is within walking distance. This was a big draw for me, because my son's grandma could babysit for us and we were close in case of emergency. I had no problems with any of the staff, upon check-in or check-out. Price was great, only 57.00 for a night of sleep. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, however, there are no microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms, so we had to run downstairs to heat up a couple milk bottles, but that was our problem, not their's. I would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers, as the airport is right across the street, or any one who is in town for a concert or exhibition at the Louisville Fair and Expo Center. Oh, this hotel is also very close to Kentucky Kingdom. I will say, however, that if you are used to staying in luxury, you might want to find someplace else, this is a very basic hotel.

• Liked — It's location
  • Disliked — no microwave, no fridge, no pool
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled with family
1 Thank travelmom04
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2005

This hotel was horrible. The staff did not speak English. They made us wait to check in while the receptionist finished a personal phone call. When billing me for the room they did not tell me the price. When we arrived at our room it was not the room we had a reservation for. When we told the receptionist she said there was nothing she could do. We went back to check out of the hotel and demanded our money back but the receptionist left for over 30 minutes to pick someone up at the aiport. The hotel was left unattended. While waiting for her, we went back to the room. Windows were disgusting and toilet was not flushed from the hotel staff
This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at or could ever imagine.

DO NOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES