Howard Johnson Express Inn/Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Louisville)
View Hotel
All reviewscomfortable roompleasant stayexcellent locationmotelexpointerstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I did not realize HoJo was in Wyndham chain and did not have my card wtih me. I saw their ad for the program at their counter but they did not or could not look up my number and add it to my profile. I think that is bad management.
Otherwise it was a great stay, close to where I needed to be and affordable.
No lobby, just a desk with about 12 cafe chairs in a breakfast nook.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed September 19, 2012

They have new beds which were better than any hotel I ever stayed at. They didn't get new pillows yet which are needed. Towels are small and thin and need to be replaced. Room was very comfortable, clean, and overall stay was fine. Walk to the Expo center, easy drive to Cracker Barrel and U of L without getting on interstate. I did not know Ho Jo was part of the Wyndham rewards program until I checked in and saw their ad for it. I did not have my card and they were unable or did not take time to look it up for me. That was disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was an anniversary trip, so it was to be a special trip. However, this hotel was a major disappoint. The hotel is in need of a major update. Our room was not that clean and had sheetrock tape coming off in the corners of the room. Very small breakfast room. Paid $106 dollar's for this room, was staying two nights but canceled the second night and went down the street to Crown Plaza for $65 (priceline) and it was better than I could have asked for. Overall, this hotel is very poor quality and won't see my money again.

Room Tip: Crown Plaza was awesome
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend for a max of 3 hours. The carpet was sticky, the bed was hard, and the tub looked dirty. The front desk clerk stated that the the hotel was 9 years old (as if that is old for a hotel) and that is why the tub looked that way. She reported that the only other available room tub looked the same. The pillows were thin and the blankets looked worn out. I couldnt imagine taking a shower in that bathroom. In addition, the picture over my bed had a dead roach stuck between the picture and frame. I tried to fall asleep, but the light from the Hampton Inn across the street continued to shine in my face... so I ran to safety.

Room Tip: Stay across the street at the Hampton Inn. No room is better at the Howard Johnson
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank M J
Reviewed February 27, 2012

You certainly get what you pay for at this hotel. The room was ok for the price, but the carpet was sticky as was the bathroom floor. The bathroom certainly showed age and wear with cracked caulk and a hole in the plaster. Towels were old and grey. No refrigerator and 12-15 channels on the tv, mostly local. The breakfast area is extremely small with three tables, so be prepared to eat and run or take back to your room. On checkout, the (only) front desk person had to leave to take someone to the airport - glad we weren't in a rush.

If you have a large vehicle, bus or trailer, consider another hotel. The lot is extremely small and holds 30-40 cars at most. We had to worry about returning early evening to get a parking spot.

I'll give the hotel two good marks: 1.) excellent location if you are attending the expo center for an event 2.) we called the front desk at 10:30 pm one evening to tell high schoolers to be quiet after screaming and yelling in the hallway...they did.

Last, there are few and far between places to eat around the hotel or the expo center.

• Stayed: February 2012