“Great value and great location!”

Howard Johnson Express Inn/Airport
Ranked #80 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here for a conference @ the KEC for week. It was not the poshest place; however, it closr and clean. Tje staff eas exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Great place to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011
Kumar D, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay while traveling to the Louisville area. Thank you as well for your kind words regarding our staff. We strive to provide outstanding service to our guests.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Express Inn/Airport

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Don't know what rooms others stayed in. Our room was fine for a budget hotel. This room was smoking. Did not smell bad. Everything worked. You will have to drive to find a place to eat.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2011

There are better selections of hotels right in the area. the shower kept going from cold to hot without warning...there was hair in the sink counter from the last tenant. I use a wheelchair and made me park on the grass near the road. Not enough parking. Rooms are outdated. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The room we stayed in was dreary with an old smell to it. The carpet felt stiff and I felt like I needed to keep my shoes on, just couldn't stand the feel of it. When I booked the room online I was told that there was a small frig and a microwave. there was neither, a big disappointment due to the fact that there were no stores or resturaunts within walking distance and my daughter and I were to be there for two days. I called down to the lobby and was told that they did not advertise that they had those ammenities, that the travel site just said those things to make sales. Lesson learned.... The young girl who worked nights (by herself ) was very jumpy ... she was scared actually . When I went searching for ice on each of the 3 floors to not find one working machine the desk clerk asked me and another of the tennants to please not leave the back door proped open that she was afraid that she would either get robbed,raped or both due to the people walking around late at night.
I took a couple of tylenol PM which helped me to get to sleep and just tried not to let our stay there ruin our 2 days at the state fair and the Rascal Flatts concert that we had been waiting so long to see.
Would I do it over agan .... No way .... Not There !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank shirleyjane613
Reviewed July 12, 2010

There aren't many positives except the staff was friendly and most helpful...everything else needed attention, the utmost !! Client chose this hotel I will inform them of nastiness. From beginning to end this place needs more then a facelift ! Ice machines didn't work upstairs,nothing was right. If you have a choice stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank phil1949
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Plus factor: Room was reasonable in price, close to Expo Center & Airport, microwave & refrigerator worked great & were an added convenience. Didn't try the jacuzzi, so have no opinion on that.. Staff is very friendly & helpful.
Minus factors: No water pressure in tub/shower, only 6 working stations on the TV, if you go out for dinner & get back after 10 p.m. all parking spaces are gone & you have to park at the hotel next door. It is a little dingy & outdated, but the bed was comfortable & it was clean.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2009

This hotel was such a disappointment for me. I've frequented HOJOs in Wisconsin and they weren't bad at all, considering the price range. Initially I was in town to go to a nice romantic secluded cabin about 2 hours south of Louisville. Well got to the cabin and there was a wasps nest on the upper window by the loft and they had got into the cabin. Needless to say couldn't and didn't stay there. So we drove back into the city and needed a decent room, that wasn't too pricey since it was late in the evening.

Well they offered a jacuzzi suite for $99.00. I jumped on it. Got to the location around 10pm...no attendant?? The one attendant also drives the airport shuttle. Waited around and checked in, went to one room and the air was barely working and making a terribly loud noise. Went to attendant to exchange rooms..the next room was quiet, yet just in poor shape. From the outside the hotel seems brand spanking new..yet the rooms seem as if they received old used hotel furniture from another hotel??! The jacuzzi was okay, the bathroom was too, yet the furniture was very undesirable. The lamp shades had stains on it and were all tilted. NOW THE BED, THAT WAS THE WORST BED I'VE EVER SLEPT IN!! I could have just slept in my truck and got a better nights sleep! You could actually feel the mattress springs! I actually got a cut on one of my elbows and a bruise on the other!

It amazes me how they're still open and how Howard Johnson as a hotel chain is allowing this hotel to remain open with their name on it, it's a travesty!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple