“It just doesn't get any better . . .”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Atlanta, Georgia
“It just doesn't get any better . . .”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This is one of the nicest La Quinta that I have ever stayed at. The staff is attentive and very helpful. Whether you are looking for a local restaurant or need a few extra towels, they step up and take care of it. I’m not sure that the word no is even in their vocabulary. In the morning, Vicky is ready to help you get your day started with a great FREE breakfast. We had a great time in Louisville in a large part due to the staff at this La Quinta.

• Stayed October 2010
1aes, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Thank you for being so complimentary of our "Award Winning" LaQuinta. We take a great deal of pride in keeping this property above standard, so it's gratifying when guests not only notice, but take time to share their opinions with others. I am glad you enjoyed your time in Louisville and hope you return again soon. You, as a traveler, can stay anywhere, thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Mauldin, SC
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel was very nice. The employees interacted so well with guests and each other. They all worked together as a team. They were very helpful with directions to locations in town! The room was very spacious and the maid service was impeccable!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1aes, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Thank you for taking time to post your review. Cleanliness and friendliness never go unnoticed. We are extremely proud of our "Team" and yes, they do interact well with one-another, but go the extra mile to makeour guests not only feel welcome, but appreciated. The oversized rooms and the exemplary housekeeping are just some icing on the cake.
Greensboro
Reviewed August 28, 2010

There to launch my nieces off to college at U of L. We had two rooms, one of which was a King Suite with LR. This was wonderful, we were all there to relax, and prepare for the "Move In". The Breakfast far meet our expectations and as I mentioned in the title, Ms Vicki is wonderful. She runs a tight ship, she is interested in people... just a wonderful individual.
Between the two families we had two dogs. It was easy to take care of them there!
Wonderful experience...Thank you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1aes, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
We are delighted that you chose our "Award Winning" Airport & Expo LaQuinta Inn & Suites for your rooming needs while visiting Louisville recently. The ownership of this hotel puts a great deal of pride in the presentation of our "Bright Side Breakfast". Ms. Vicki~Ambassador of Hospitality, is the one "inn-gredient" that raises our breakfast to the next level, thank you for noticing. Hopefully you will be staying with us again, as your neices procede with their college education at U of L, "GO CARDS" !!!
Topanga, California
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed just one night in August at this La Quinta located next to the Louisville Airport and the Kentucky Exposition Center. I selected this based upon the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and so must others judging by the proud notice the hotel has on their marquee announcing its #3 ranking. Certainly for access to the freeways, the airport, the fairgrounds, Churchill Downs, and the University of Louisville this place fits the bill. The neighborhood didn’t look as if it had anything you would want to walk to especially at night though I noticed that a McDonalds, a Taco Bell, a Bob Evans, and a Waffle House fairly close by. If your priority is the Kentucky Exposition Center, I noticed several hotels immediately adjacent to the south entrance while the La Quinta is maybe a mile away along Preston Highway. Maybe it’s the access to the freeways but I noticed the constant presence of several police cars of the Kentucky Highway Patrol in their parking lot – I know I felt safer.

My room with two-queen beds was pretty roomy. The dorm sized refrigerator and small microwave were located in a closet. The room had a kitchen sink and coffee maker but I don’t think I saw tableware or plates. No issues with the bathroom, the bathroom sink, or the AC unit. For some the AC unit may be a little loud. I’m not sure if there was Wi-Fi because there were signs in the room pointing to the Ethernet plug. I pack my own Ethernet cable but I’m not sure what guests without one would do – probably ask at the desk. The complimentary breakfast consisted of pastries, bagels, juices, coffee, cereal, waffles you make yourself, and boiled eggs. The woman in charge of breakfast really took an interest in making the guests feel welcome.

I feel obligated to mention that a few minutes after I checked in and got into my room another guest also let himself into my room with the key he had been issued by the front desk and which opened the locked door. Surprised and embarrassed, he returned to the front desk to be reassigned and I didn’t have anybody else coming into my room for the rest of my short stay. For those Tripadvisor travelers looking for a place to “pop the question” or to get back the romance … no.

I like the 100% non-smoking status of the hotel, the location, and the presence of the Kentucky Highway Patrol. I wasn’t too thrilled about the neighborhood, the guest who could let himself into my room, or what might be the absence of Wi-Fi. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for the traveler content with the basics (lodging, safety, and a place to store and heat up snacks) and who needs convenient access to the freeways or the fairgrounds.

• Stayed August 2010
As the name might indicate, our "Award Winning" Airport & Expo LaQuinta Inn & Suites was built on this specific site for two reasons; The Louisville International Airport(SDF) and The Kentucky Exposition Center(KEC). Most of the "airport" properties that I have experienced don't offer a great deal of dining/entertainment options within walking distance, unless self-contained. We are what we are. Talk about making the best of what you have, we are extremely proud of our ratings on TripAdvisor.com, as those ratings reflect what our guests are saying about us. Thank you for taking time to post your review, please come again soon.
Lake
Reviewed August 26, 2010

The service was amazing, especially the cleaning staff and the breakfast staff. We are from Michigan and could not believe the level of hospitality. Vicki (breakfast staff) was the favorite of our group. She treated all our family like her family. We would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Great place to stay when away from home.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the thoughtful review posted after your visit to our "Award Winning" Airport & Expo LaQuinta Inn & Suites. Cleanliness and friendliness is the code we live by, our Housekeeping and Breakfast-Bar Staffs certainly convey that every day, and we thank them for that enthusiasm. It is gratifying to know that our family made your's feel so at home, away from home. Please visit again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Being a pet owner, it's hard to accomodate your pets when you take a trip out-of-town. Most kennels run in the range of a normal hotel room, so you try & find friends or family to watch your pets to save some money. But there are times when you have to take your pets with you and when that happens, I look no where else other than La Quinta. Every La Quinta I've stayed at (but one) allows you to keep your pets for free as long as they aren't problematic and lucky for me, my dogs are well behaved.

I made a reservation to the LQ in Louisville because my cousin's wedding was that weekend. I made the reservation online and got a really good rate despite the price was a little more than the other LQs I've stayed at. Regardless, my pets were staying for free and I'd easily pay the difference compared to a kennel. With my reservation, I requested the ground floor (so that I could easily let my pets in & out to go potty).

Upon arrival, my room was ready and all I had to do was sign a simple pet waiver claiming I'd pay for any damages my pet make during my stay. I was given the room at the farthest end (close to the side of the building) and was very pleased because it made it easier for me to let my dogs out and I was tucked in the far side of the building so that my dogs wouldn't disturb anyone.

The room was a little musty, but that smell went away once I adjusted the thermostat and let the AC run for a few hours. The room was very spacious & well furnished with nice tile floors near the entryway. I couldn't have asked for better. What was also nice is that checkout was at noon, so I got to sleep in a few hours later than usual.

Overall, I would recommend this La Quinta as a great hotel to stay at if you're in the Louisville area. If you're a pet owner, then I definitely recommend this hotel even more over any other hotel chain.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1aes, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
I would like to thank you, and your well behaved K9s, for choosing our "Award Winning" Airport & Expo LaQuinta Inn & Suites Hotel for your stay in Louisville, Kentucky. LaQuinta's "Pet Friendly" policy brings many people through our front door that otherwise may never have had the opportunity to see why we are rated #3 of all the hotels in the city by TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time you spent in posting your gracious review.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The service at the La Quinta Louisville was wonderful. All the staff went above and beyond, were very knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. The woman who ran the breakfast bar was especially lovely and remembered what we were doing each day and asked about it the next day. The rooms were also lovely, very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1aes, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thank you for being so complimentary of our "Award Winning" Airport & Expo LaQuinta Inn & Suites Hotel staff. They truely are the reason we have been ranked in the Top Ten hotels in Louisville, both in the business and liesure segments of the marketplace. "Sunshine", as she has come to be known, makes it her business to speak with every guest that enjoys our expanded continental breakfast, and knows most by name after day one. We feel that our staff is our greatest asset, thanks for noticing.