La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were leary after reading some posts, however we decided to try it. Hotel was clean, nice, staff extremely helpful and on top of it. One lady recommended a pizza place next to hotel and my husband thinks it's one of the best he's ever had.

1  Thank Donna I

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We've stayed here many times over the years. It is still a great place to stay but could probably use a little updating. The rooms are very nice with a fridge and microwave. The beds are very comfy. There were a few carpet stains in our room and in the main hallway and a desk chair was a little worn. The air conditioning worked great and kept us cool on a very hot day. There is a nice area in the back for walking dogs and they provide bags for clean up. The exercise room is nice and so is the pool. The breakfast area is staffed by a fabulous lady named Jewell and she does an incredible job. There are plenty of choices for breakfast. You can also get fresh coffee 24/7 and they sometimes have cookies available for guests also in the breakfast area. All the employees seemed very friendly. It is close to the airport but we never heard planes unless we were out in the pool. The hotel doesn't have any restaurants in walking distance but some are just a short drive away. There is some sort of a bar close by. The area surrounding the hotel isn't the best but we felt very safe. The parking lot is very well lit at night. The hotel was full both days we were there so I think the word is out that this is a great place to stay especially if you are traveling with pets.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room near the exit if traveling with pets.
1  Thank Indymom1
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here recently on our way to Michigan. Pet friendly for our cat. Very nice. The room was immaculate as was the bath. The desk clerks were both very friendly. The breakfast hostess was very personable and just made you happy. Price was good. We drove down to attend an AAA ballgame and it was convenient

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank acj4220
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Even though this LaQuinta is close to the airport, it was very quiet. Staff was very hospitable. Breakfast was pleasant, and the breakfast staff was awesome. Would definitely stay here again. We travel with our dog, and although the carpet in the room was stained, which I reported to the front desk and guess can be expected for a pet room, the rest of the hotel and facility was spotless. Lovely place overall.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was an overnight stay on the way to Chicago. The hotel was clean, there were no problems, but the price that was slightly above $100 is too much for this type of facility. However, it was probably the best choice in that area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kentucky1937
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had I known this hotel was so pet friendly, I personally may have chosen to skip this hotel.
SO glad I didn't!

I booked a room by calling the hotel directly and IMMEDIATELY experienced the
"Southern Hospitality" extended by the General Manager, Terri! She and her staff
made sure we felt welcomed as we drove to Louisville to accompany our kids to their
Freshman Orientation at Univ of Louisville.

The lobby and our room/bed were VERY CLEAN, a MUST in my book.
The surrounding area and the hotel itself felt VERY SAFE, another MUST for me.
My FAVORITE part was the service and friendliness of the staff members.
As we approached the front desk on arrival, the gentleman in the office literally
JUMPED out of his seat to come help us. I even commented on his responsiveness at the time.

The room was a tad "worn".... the chair at the desk in the room was frayed and the door frame in the bathroom was somewhat rusty. However, the cleanliness made up for it. Spotless!
And there was NO indication to me that this hotel accommodated pets. Perhaps they have designated rooms for guests who bring their 4 legged friends?

The bed was comfy. There was a mini-fridge (not stocked) in the room. And I, too, liked that the sink was outside the bathroom so that I could brush my teeth and blow dry my hair while others showered.

Breakfast was not fancy but was amply stocked .... eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, danishes, coffee, juice, and make-your-own-waffles. Breakfast was served until 10am and check out wasn't until Noon .... great extended hours in comparison with other hotels!

Since I plan on visiting U of L's campus every now and then over the next 4 years, I personally would rather save $50-$60/night for a very clean/safe room and deal with a frayed chair at this LaQuinta than pay the higher price at a more upscale hotel.

THANKS, Terri, for your Southern Hospitality on my first but definitely not last visit to your hotel!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stay at La Quintas since they're all pet friendly and we almost always have our dogs with us. We enjoy the comfy beds, great pillows, and the breakfast buffet with hot foods is always welcome when on the road. Not fancy, but but clean and well cared for.