New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo

La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #13 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
calgary
“Rivals Upscale and High End Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This property is newer and exceptionally well maintained. Attention to detail is evident inside and outside the building. The hallways and lobby area were pristine, as were the rooms. Cleanliness is clearly important to staff and management. Equally important was staff attention to guest needs and requests. Staff are cheerful and leave the impression that they like their jobs and the guests. Teamwork is evident everywhere and if I were organizing a convention in Louisville, this hotel would be on my short list. Beds and pillows were new and very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 652CalgaryBridget

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a newer facility. Much nicer than some LaQuinta hotels I have used in the past.
The desk clerk was first rate on service and everything looks new. Beds very comfortable. The satellite TV was a bit complicated but not awful. They have a fitness room with several machines and a pool. I used neither but would like to if I had more time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Stevensville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is by far the best LQ we've experienced: clean, elegant, comfortable. What more could we ask? The price point is a bit higher than other LQs we've stayed at, but certainly in line for similar hotels in this city. We are likely to return.

Walk to local restaurants, not fancy, but fine at the end of a day on the road. If you need easy access to malls, movie theaters and lots of chain restaurants, this may not be the place for you.

We drove, and the location is easy to find due to good signage and directions. Once arrived, however, we chose not to move the car again until we left for good.

Room Tip: Our first-floor room was quiet, despite being on the parking lot/street/airport side of the building...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Large, attractive, and very clean room, helpful staff, and a modest, but good breakfast. This is an excellent choice for anyone visiting the Louisville Exposition area, e U. Of L. Or the Highlands. The heating system is noisy; other than that, no issues at all.mvery nice place.

Stayed January 2013
Birch Run, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very nice, without any worries, concerns or hassles. Thank you for making it a relaxing stay. My Wife an I were here on business and we appreciate not having the hassles of long check in or out lines. The hotel was very busy yet very efficient. We would recommend staying here if your schedule is hectic, simply because the hotel staff makes their part easy and hassle free

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike S
Plano, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great LaQuinta, clean, quiet (for an airport location), our dogs had a nice time, friendly staff especially at the front desk. Not your average LaQuinta. Louisville is a nice city, first time to spend some time there. Lots of old and new!

Room Tip: If you have dogs or pets, near the stair, easy access to dog-walk area and back parking lot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DailyCoog
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've used La Quinta for the last 15 years because when I travel over the holidays I travel with my pets. I've found La Quinta to always have clean and hospitable accomadations. I have to say, on this last trip up North over the holiday, I traveled with my pets and was very disappointed. Based on our route we stayed at La Quinta. However, this was the first time my mother and I didn't take our shoes off. When we walked in, the smell of urine was very heavy.The carpet and bathroom tile looked dirty. It was late and I was exhausted from driving from Tampa so we went to sleep then 6 hours later headed out. I understand that pet rooms are set aside and there are only so many, but this room was not cheap. When you pay $100 for 6 hours, I would expect it to be clean. I will not stay at this hotel again. In fact I've noticed the pet rooms are declining in cleanliness. THAT is something I will not tolerate. Make the pet rooms all tile or faux wood so you can clean them easier but don't stick paying customers into something that is not Clean and potentially unhealthy. Very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank SVicki
La Quinta A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I am extremely shocked by your comment.

I have been at this property for 7 years and have been in Management for 5 of those years. We have always received nothing but wonderful comments about the cleanliness of our rooms and have most definitely never had anyone rate us as poorly as you have.

We take great pride in our property and the satisfaction of our guests. We always welcome any issues or problems with our hotel to be brought immediately to our attention so that we can correct the issue immediately and be certain our guests are 100% satisfied.

I think you can see by all of our reviews that cleanliness with our property is a non issue and we are very proud to say we received the highest score in our city out of 96 hotels on our Health Department Inspection for the past 2 years.

I would like to invite you back to stay with us again and give us another try.

Here For You,