La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo
$199
$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewslouisville airportfridge and microwaveroom was cleanthe breakfast areabreakfast stafffreedom hallwould definitely stay here againgreat place to staytwo queen bedsfirst floorbiscuits and gravyyogurtchurchill downsthe hotel staffexercise roomwe've stayedpleasant stay
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Room and beds were in excellent condition. Excellent Wifi and a very good continental breakfast. There was some early morning flights but I only vaguely noticed once. Maybe being on the backside was helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Even though this hotel did not work for me - I am rating it fairly, making note of WHO would love and who NOT love this place.

The first thing I care about in a hotel room is a very comfortable king bed. This was not what we are used to - becuase we usually stay at Comfort Inns or Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, or Courtyard by Marriott. (And we pay up to $40 more for it) There was no soft upper layer to sink into and it was pretty much one of the older harder beds that used to be offered in mid level hotels before the comfortable bed wars started. I admit I am spoiled and I do sleep on a Tempur-Pedic at home so I have a hard time transitioning to hard beds. I would say this was a supportive bed, it did not sag at all, and might be just fine for most people. Just not for picky people like me.

We were thrilled that the King bed with a pull out sofa actually came with a solid wall and door between the rooms. We've been on the road for days in the bed/sofabed combo and never had privacy - so it was a treat.

There were plenty of outlets in the rooms, including on both sides of the bed, so we were able to charge phones and plug in a c-pap machine by only unplugging one of the lamps.

The small kitchenette was a nice plus as well as having the two bathroom sinks separate from the shower commode area. On the down side - there was no active exhaust fan in that area, so after my husband used the "john" my daughter and I had to wait for a while to be able to use the area. The was a passive air return that was slow to clear his often fatal "air attacks".

Despite being so close to the airport, we only heard one airplane the whole night. But that one plane sounded like it was going down the street it was so loud. But the hotel is not part of a regular flight pattern.

Great points:
Location - right across the highway from the airport and the expo center.
Price - very affordable for what you get
Clean - Room and bathroom were immaculate
Rooms - are Large and many amenities for the price
Staff - Every single person who worked here from cleaning staff, to breakfast staff to front office were extremely friendly and helpful.
Pets - they allow dogs, and many other guests told me this is why they come.
Non Smoking - in the whole building.
Free Breakfast was your typical good selection of make your own waffles, yogurt, cereal-instant grits, danish - muffins - donuts-bagels, hard boiled eggs, juice, milk, coffee.

Cons -
Neighborhood - to the east looks rough. As we pulled up there was a broken glass window and I immediately switched my reservation from first floor to 2nd floor. By breakfast the next day it was being fixed.
Allergies -
I saw three Dogs during my overnight stay, they rode the elevators with me and barked at me in the hall. Not a problem if you aren't allergic.
Also, beautiful fresh cut flowers on the breakfast table - I love flowers too - but I'm allergic, so I was starting to get my symptoms.
We had a suite and both air conditioners clearly had mold growing one them, not much, but enough for me to notice the slightly musty smell.
They mostly use feather pillows, and staff has trouble finding three poly-fill pillows for us (we did check in late) but we were able to put a pillowcase on one of the square decorator pillows and that worked fine for our daughter.

I highly recommend this airport as a great deal for travelers, especially ones with pets. You get what you pay for and I think this place was a great deal.

Room Tip: I would avoid 1st floor rooms due to the neighborhood. End of the hall rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MyValricoCastle
Management response:Responded September 14, 2011

I would like to thank you for the fairness of your rating.

It was very kind that you were understanding of the fact that we are a pet friendly hotel. I am very sorry that you had to experience the dogs on the elevator as it is our policy that they are not allowed on the elevator. Unfortunately, as you know some people don't always follow the rules.

As for the broken glass, we had a couple from pennsylvania in house and they had an argument and the husband threw a water bottle at his wife and missed and hit the window. I just wanted you to know that the damage was caused by a guest and not from the neighborhood. I do realize we are not located in the middle of a ritzy area but in fact we are located in neighborhood of very neat, hard working blue collar people who do an excellent job of keeping up with what they have.

The owner has a plaque hanging in his office which has 2 comment cards on it from 2 different guest. Once card says " this is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on". The other says "the beds are way too firm". In the middle of both of the comment cards is the quote"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time". We believe in this industry that ta mattress is the most subjective thing we have.

As for the exhaust fans, we have a state of the art central exhaust system that is much more dependable than the individual exhaust fans you see in other rooms that always become very squeaky and irritating and we feel the central exhaust is much more comfortable for our guest.
Again, I would like to thank you for the fairness of your review and want to apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to us being pet friendly.

Warmest regards,

Terri Smith

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Based on other Trip Advisor reviews we booked a night here on our way from Ohio to Texas. It's right off the highway near the airport. Quiet hotel, comfortable queen/queen combination at good price, and decent breakfast. What we like best, however, was the super friendly La Quinta staff! The fellow at our 12:30am check in was super friendly - and so was the breakfast and checkout team the next morning. How nice to be greeted like a friend! It's a lovely thing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank samsmom2006
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This was a very nice and family friendly hotel! Very easy to find as well, which is always nice when one is coming from out of town! The parking lot was clean and there was plenty of parking and it had good lighting as well. The rooms were spacious and had nice decore. The outdoor pool was small, but perfect for my three children (ages 11, 7 and 6) and we had the pool all to ourselves. It was also nice because it was fenced in and only accessable with your room key. It was also nice because it was somewhat private with one side of it facing out to the hotel parking lot, another side of it facing the hotel and the backside had privacy trees on the other side of the fence. It would also be a really convienent hotel if you were flying into or out of Louisville, KY, as it is right near the airport.

They were also very accomodating, as we were traveling with my parents, so we were able to have adjoing rooms as well. I believe we were greeted by Adam at the front desk on the night of our arrival and he was very helpful. The breakfast the next day was also DELICIOUS and they had a great variety of items to choose from, which was wonderful for my children. Jewell the breakfast hostess was very pleasant and kept everything well stocked and the tables clean!

We were VERY impressed with our first stay at a La Quinta and when we travel again, we will be looking for another La Quinta to stay at. They also give AAA, Military and AARP discounts as well. We utilized the AAA discount!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank thankfulmomof3
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My hubby and I took our 8 y/o grandson to Louisville and, because we took our little doggie with us, we stayed at LaQuinta. We were very pleased with the room ---- clean, roomy and neat --- and, everyone was quite friendly and helpful. We recommend this property to anyone, who happens to be in the Louisville area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded August 9, 2011

Thank you for your kind review. We hope you enjoyed your time with your grandson as well as your time here at our award winning Airport & Expo La Quinta Inn & Suites. Our number one priority is to see that all of our guests are comfortable and have all of the information necessary for a wonderful stay and visit to the great city of Louisville.

Warmest wishes,