“Very nice”

Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I am picky when it comes to where I will spend the night. After much research, I chose the Embassy Suites. I was not disappointed. Our party (of five) stayed on a Friday night. Although the hotel had many guests, I did not feel crowded. The hotel was clean and the complimentary snacks and breakfast were nice. For the money, you can not beat this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Pixie911

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Two note stay. Atrium noise comes in to front room. Closed door to bed room and ran HVAC fan constant. Still noise from next door. But after we asked them to speak quieter they did comply... Breakfast excellent. Nitely mgr reception was overun so we doubled up drinks... Might do Home wood Suites next trip cuz its a block away...

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

When I travel I often look for Embassy suites first. The value is great - large room layout with separate living area, breakfast included, and cocktails included in the evening. This time was no exception. The room was the typical layout, very clean, plenty of space. I slept on the foldout in the living area though and I will say it was pretty noisy. The lobby is right below and the sound carries right under the door into that room. Bedrooms are always a much better sleep experience. Breakfast was plentiful, a bit cold on some entrees, but the make to order omelets are always good. Breakfast area could use more seating, but it was a busy weekend. Front desk was pleasant and efficient. This location is in a corporate area, so not a lot of restaurants or retail nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

All good except that sleeper sofa was awful and food and drink at social hour were very bad. Otherwise, the hotel is very nice - pool and spa very good and recent renovations were very well done as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Nicholasville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

First time at this hotel. Rated #2 so I gave it a try because of the location. Breakfast buffet, included in price, closed before I got up. Nice hotel geared for business travelers on expense accounts. Not a good hotel for travelers looking for value and amenities. I will go back to my first choice.....Marriott.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! I came back to my room and found my laptop had been broken. When I left, I hung the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door. Housekeeping records confirmed this on the first pass around the hotel. On the second pass, they entered the room claiming the sign was missing. I had left my laptop plugged in, cord sticking perpendicular from the laptop as is somewhat standard, and placed it on the bottom of the nightstand near the floor. I have a large 17" laptop with all the bells and whistles. This was a $1400 laptop. When I got back to my room, I immediately noticed the room had been cleaned so I went straight for my laptop. I noticed the charge cord was sticking out at about a 45 degree angle and my heart sunk. I called the front desk and informed them of what I found. I took the laptop to the front desk and the young man there took a picture of the damage saying he would make a report. I asked to speak to the GM but was told he wasn't available on weekends and that I should call first thing Monday morning. I called and spoke to Verl Wilder Monday morning. He took my statement and stated he was aware of the situation. I told him it appears that it was clearly an accident and that the housekeeper probably didn't see my laptop since it was so close to the floor in the corner where it was dark. I assumed it was hit by a vacuum cleaner or she accidentally stepped on the protruding piece, etc and that I wasn't upset about it because I was sure it was an accident. However, I did say that I would need the situation rectified. He told me to take the laptop to a repair place and see what they said. I took my laptop to the Geek Squad at Best Buy. One glance and the guy said it was broken on the inside and that it would cost more to fix than I could buy a new one. He stated he didn't think parts were even available to fix something like what was broken and said I just needed to transfer data to a new laptop. I called Verl back and told him of the findings. He proceeds to tell me that he spoke to the housekeeper and she had distinctly remembered cleaning my room that weekend, claiming she moved my laptop from the bed to the bottom of the nightstand near the floor and nothing else happened. Several red flags about that immediately popped into my head:
1. Why of all the rooms the housekeeper cleaned that weekend and all the laptops she moved, did she remember my room in particular? That's easy. It's psychology. Something DIFFERENT happened in that room than all the others. My laptop was accidentally damaged. It seemed "slight" and she figured no one would notice.
2. Of all the hotels I've ever stayed in, not one time has housekeeping EVER moved items in the room to a vastly different location than they found them, especially expensive items. They always put them back in the exact spot they moved them from out of courtesy.
3. No housekeeper in ANY hotel moves a laptop from the top of the bed (it was not there to begin with but hang on for that part) onto a place at or near the floor and leaves it there. If anything, they would have put it back on the bed, on TOP of the nightstand, or on top of the desk in the front room of the suite.
4. My laptop was a large laptop that has dual hard drives, dual processors, etc and has a large cooling fan port on the bottom of it. Laptops such as this will overheat if left on a comforter (for example) that cuts off air flow. They need hard surfaces to provide proper air flow. I NEVER leave my laptop on the bed for this reason. I place it on a flat surface near the bed. I had a glass of water and cell phone/alarm clock on top of the nightstand so my laptop went on the bottom shelf. Housekeeping didn't move it there. I placed it there.
The bottom line is this: this housekeeper knew what happened and was scared to lose her job so she lied. I do not blame her for that part. I would be scared, too, if I were in her shoes. I explained this to Verl who stated she is a seven year (I think) employee who would never lie and that it couldn't be proven that it worked when I brought it there. He says there isn't any evidence that his hotel was at fault and that they would not be replacing my laptop. Unfortunately, I have to disagree. I am NOT gloating, but it is note-worthy to mention that I am a dentist who owns multiple offices. I can clearly afford to buy another laptop. I do not need someone to give me a laptop. I would not stay several nights on multiple occasions at this exact same hotel, spending much more than the cost of a laptop, in a scheme to get a new laptop given to me for one that was already broken. It is very obvious from the other posts on here what the problem is with this hotel and it starts with the General Manager. Others have stated that as well. I would expect this kind of customer service from a lesser hotel, but not from a "higher" end hotel. There are MUCH better places to stay at better locations in Louisville (this is way out in nowhere).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank SmileDrCoolSpringsTN
blacksburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights and really appreciated all of the amenities and complimentary food and beverages. Great staff. I was here on business and a conference in the hotel so did not leave for 6 days but found it a great place to be.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business