1,380 results
All reviews evening reception cooked to order breakfast managers reception great hotel the sofa bed complimentary breakfast breakfast was excellent pool and hot tub beautiful lobby breakfast staff a great stay we've stayed the breakfast area definitely stay here again business trip beds were comfortable churchill downs
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While traveling cross country for a job transfer, we stayed for the night at this hotel. Most importantly, this hotel is PET FRIENDLY! My Sammy and I was greeted by a friendly staff who was more than willing to not only make my stay a pleasant one, but also my beloved companion! They gave us a pet welcome packet complete with treats and disposable waste bags. It even had wee wee pads for puppies but we didn't need that since Sammy is potty trained. The rooms were clean and spacious and this hotel did not disappoint with free breakfast included in the price. My only disappointment was that food service was very slow. I went down for dinner on the night of my arrival and the restaurant was practically empty with just myself and one other patron. I ordered a simple meal which took a VERY long time to arrive. The restaurant staff was very nice and apologetic and I was able to remain cordial. Breakfast in the morning seemed to take a long time as well but it was good. The surrounding area is corporate but an awesome place to walk my Sammy. There were areas with plenty of grass and walkways. There is even a man made lake nearby. I'd like to give this hotel an Excellent rating but will not due to the service of the kitchen staff. Overall my stay was satisfying and enjoyable. My main concern is how they treated my Sammy. I would definitely stay there again when traveling to this area but will consider eating out unless they've improved their restaurant service. I recommend this hotel if you're staying in the area and plan to sight see and try the local fare. Unfortunately we had to hit the road the next day but I enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: Unless the restaurant staff has been trained I suggest eating out if you're very hungry. Although staff was professional and friendly, the food didn't come until a VERY long time.
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great rooms, exceptional service, great food and overall wonderful place to stay!!! I stayed as part of a business meeting and the staff was excellent. The complimentary snacks and drinks in the evening was pleasant as well, especially after a long day.

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a cheerleading competition. Several of our families stayed here. This hotel was great! Great food, great drinks, great service. Nice and clean. They had a lady by the name of Martha working there, she went above and beyond for our cheerleaders. The kids loved her. Wish I could have brought Martha home with us.If you get a chance to come here, you won't regret it.

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nice and quiet; clean and comfortable.

We love to stay at such a nice hotel for an affordable rate. Breakfast was delicious, as usual at Embassy's.

It is out of the city traffic, but not so far from the downtown area that you couldn't easily spend time there, then drive to the hotel. There are plenty of eating establishments close to the hotel also.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Anytime a hotel has the number one rating in an area I am always skeptical. My skepticism was stomped flat by this wonderful place. It is off the main Louisville locations which is good in my mind because after working all day it is a pleasure to get away to a beautiful comfortable restful hotel. The lobby is one of the best I've seen at an Embassy Suites. The breakfast was great. I was impressed with the extra cook that materialized when a line began to form for omelets. The evening reception was a little light on food but it was not meant to be a meal. The bartenders are fantastic. They believe in service and they are very personable. The room was clean, well equipped and comfortable. Plenty of parking. Internet a little slow at times. Less than 30 minutes to the airport and less than 15 minutes to the Indiana side of the river. This property and staff did not disappoint in any way and demonstrated why it is number 1 in Louisville.

Date of stay: February 2013