“Not the Hotel It Used to Be”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville
Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Not the Hotel It Used to Be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago for a birthday celebration and it was a great, classy place. Oh my, how things have changed. The room had a musty smell to it that was fairly strong but not overbearing, so I decided to remain. The hvac system didn't have an automatic key, so it was either on or off, that made for a miserable night. The mattress was VERY soft, so if you like or need firmer mattresses, you may not good a get a good sleep.

I woke up the next morning to a dog barking, this dog barked and yelped for 15 minutes. I finally called the front desk who apologized, and said they would send up someone to check on it. The dog stopped, but the whole situation was crazy, I think the last place I should have to wake up to a dog barking is Embassy Suites. But it's truly not the hotel it used to be.

Breakfast was much less than I expected. I was very disappointed and surprised with the lack of choices and the undercooked omelet.

Overall, I believe the Hilton Brand is declining, but I expected more from Embassy Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JperiodSMITH
EMBASSYGMLOU, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear J. Smith;
First I want to personally apologize to you for what was evidently less than a perfect stay. I do sincerly apologize. I would apprecaiate if you could contact me so that I could go and check the odor in the room as we care very much about this and check for different odors daily. I am sorry to hear you did not like our new mattresses. We recently purchased these and spent a great deal more to buy the Waldorf Astoria bed collection versus the standard Embassy bed so i apologize you did not care for it. My staff try to be attentive to any noise in the hotel, specialy a dog barking. Evidently we did not respond fast enough and we need to work on this.
Again I do apologize.

Sincerly,

Bud Vivion, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Overall service from the kitchen was very poor. Room service for drinks took over an hoot and check was incorrect. Free breakfast was horrible. Food was virtually non existent. We have stayed here numerous time and this area has confined to decline every time unfortunately.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Stephanie:

I have to sincerly apologize to you as I assume you stayed with us this past weekend. We drastically under forcasted our business this past weekend and picked up a great deal more rooms and we did not catch it to add additional staff. I have been here for over 10 years now and I promise you this is not a normal operation for us to be short handed. I do sincerly apologize and we have discussed it several times this week and implemented to plans to catch it when busienss picks up more than anticipated.

My sincerest apologies,

Bud Vivion, GM
Marengo, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love staying at Embassy Suites. The room was perfect and I had the best nights of sleep on wonderful mattresses and pillows. The manager cocktail party is always worth the trip with free drinks in a calming atmosphere. The lobby and restaurant renovations make it perfect after a long day. I had the best biscuits and gravy there for breakfast. Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: I always ask for a corner room away from the atrium noise.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed at your Embassy Suites in Louisville,KY Nov 3, 2012. I would just like to take the time to congratulate your staff for a wonderful service and excellent breakfast. This morning I went to breakfast not expecting to be "WOWED AND I GOT THE BEST SERVICE FROM YOUR CHEF'S" The hotel was clean and words can't express how great the service was. Thank you

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
EMBASSYGMLOU, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
From our entire team we would like to thank you for staying with us and especially for taking the time to share these very nice comments. We are truly very fortunate to have a great group of individuals all working together at this hotel. Again, thank you. Best Regards, Bud Vivion General Manager.
indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night during fall break. We had stayed at this location a few years back. We were greeted warmly at the front desk and given our room on the fifth floor. The hotel was crowded (on a Friday night). The room was typical Embassy Suites- it was very clean and quiet. We went down to the managers reception and got our snacks and complimentary drinks. It was busy, but they were clearing off the tables as fast as the people left. At one point the line for drinks was long so gentleman who checked us in was getting 'beer' only for those wanting only beer.

We asked for a pizza place that delivered (it was cold and rainy). The recommended a place and it was great pizza! Breakfast was good on Saturday morning- the cooked to order omlette was great. Check-out was no issue.

It appeared that there were some youth groups there (sports or cheer maybe). You never would have known because they were quiet and well behaved!

This is one of the best Embassy Suites we have stayed at!

Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at the Embassy over the weekend. The hotel was beautiful and very clean! The staff was so helpful, especially a lady named Martha Pace, she directed us to a wonderful restaurant and also looked up a number for a cab. She made our experience wonderful and relaxed!! More hotels should employ people like Martha.

cookeville, tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Earlier reviews are right on. This place is great! Walked in and it was like they were waiting on me. Smooth check-in. Less than 30 sec and on my way to room. Staff was great. Breakfast was great. Rooms were clean and quiet. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business