“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Embassy has never let us down. Love the manager's reception and if you're a breakfast person than you will love that too. The location is a little out of the way, more of a business area and some of the restaurants had closed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We always stay here for the most important reasons: it is clean, comfortable, convenient, affordable and extremely friendly. It has everything you want: spacious, clean rooms, a fabulous complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, a swimming pool, in- room wifi, complimentary drinks and snacks each evening... But most of all it has a staff who clearly want your stay to be a success. On numerous occasions this past visit we were assisted by particularly friendly, good-natured and helpful members of staff. Everybody has a cheerful word and all in all this place can't be beat!

• Stayed October 2011
OC, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Kind of dirty for an Embassy suites- particularly the furniture in the room. Staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was awesome. There is an older gentleman with a beard who is behind the buffett making the eggs to order for the breakfast- HE IS AWESOME. He was so friendly and welcoming and helpful. Remembered you if you came back up and made great conversation. Other than that- nothing special to write about. Room could use some new furniture. It wasn't GROSS but it wasn't clean either.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Momof3letmebee
Upstate New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I loved this hotel and I wish that I could have stayed longer. The night we checked in there was a managers reception in the atrium and we were treated to a few light snacks and a cocktail. The room was very spacious, with a sofa, chair, tv and desk in the first room. A small sink area with a microwave and refrigerator. The separate bedroom had two very comfortable beds. The hot tub was nice but crowded with all of the kids. We didn't spend long because we felt like we were lifeguards for this small child who couldn't swim well and we didn't want to be responsible for him. I slept great and I didn't want to leave that bed it was so comfortable. I am so sad that my flight home was so early! I was sad to leave this hotel it was great. It was a long drive to the airport, it was very early in the morning so there was no traffic and we were there in plenty of time. Would I stay here again..YES!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Terre Haute
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Save the best for last. This was the last hotel stop on our fall vacation and we just wanted a hotel in Louisville so I could take my sister to the airport for her trip home after a week in the smokey mountains. The Embassy Suites is not close to the airport, but for an early flight it didn't matter. It seemed to be in a more corporate area of the city. There was ample parking. A welcome reception in the main lobby was going on welcoming guests.The room was actually a suite with two extremely comfortable beds, a small kitchen area with microwave, sink and refrigerator. The only negative was the lack of cooking utensils and service ware. The sitting area had a comfy couch and flat screen TV. Second TV in the bedroom as well. Free WiFi. There was an indoor pool but we opted to use the hot tub to unwind. We checked out before breakfast service started in order to make it to the airport. Wish we could have stayed longer and enjoyed the room. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Bring your own cookware or disposable flatware if you plan to use the microwave.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I needed overnight accommodations on my way to Nashville, TN. This Embassy Suites was a great choice and I appreciate the reviews on Tripadvisor that helped me decide to book it.

I really can't say enough about this facility. It is absolutely spotlessly clean, friendly, comfortable, roomy, convenient and safe. To be quite honest, I liked my room here much better than the one I had at the Gaylord Opryland, and it icost one-third of the price and had a wonderful free breakfast to boot! This Embassy Suites will be my hotel of choice anytime I am anywhere near Louisville.

I have been racking my brain to come up with some constructive criticism for the management, but all I can say is to install make-up mirrors in the bathroom, LOL. Other than that, I don't think they can improve on this facility. Beds were comfy, we had 2 free candy bars and water to welcome us to the room, and plenty of space to spread out.

The location is in a business area - it seemed very safe, had pretty grounds, and was quiet. It is probably 15-20 mins from downtown Louisville. It is also only about 5 miles from our favorite Louisville restaurant (Mojitas Tapas).

As I said above, the breakfast (dining room, staff, food) were well above average. I was impressed that after I checked in (husband was out getting our bags organized), the front desk called me on the phone to say "Don" was there and is it "ok to send him up?" Wow - that is going that extra step to ensure my safety and I really appreciated that.

All-in-all, this is the best hotel I have stayed in for years, and I travel frequently. Kudos to what must be a superior leadership team and happy employees!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stay here almost every time we come to Louisville. Always have a great experience. Friendly staff, clean rooms, everything you expect from Embassy Suites.

• Stayed September 2011