“This Hotel got my Attention!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I needed overnight accommodations on my way to Nashville, TN. This Embassy Suites was a great choice and I appreciate the reviews on Tripadvisor that helped me decide to book it.

I really can't say enough about this facility. It is absolutely spotlessly clean, friendly, comfortable, roomy, convenient and safe. To be quite honest, I liked my room here much better than the one I had at the Gaylord Opryland, and it icost one-third of the price and had a wonderful free breakfast to boot! This Embassy Suites will be my hotel of choice anytime I am anywhere near Louisville.

I have been racking my brain to come up with some constructive criticism for the management, but all I can say is to install make-up mirrors in the bathroom, LOL. Other than that, I don't think they can improve on this facility. Beds were comfy, we had 2 free candy bars and water to welcome us to the room, and plenty of space to spread out.

The location is in a business area - it seemed very safe, had pretty grounds, and was quiet. It is probably 15-20 mins from downtown Louisville. It is also only about 5 miles from our favorite Louisville restaurant (Mojitas Tapas).

As I said above, the breakfast (dining room, staff, food) were well above average. I was impressed that after I checked in (husband was out getting our bags organized), the front desk called me on the phone to say "Don" was there and is it "ok to send him up?" Wow - that is going that extra step to ensure my safety and I really appreciated that.

All-in-all, this is the best hotel I have stayed in for years, and I travel frequently. Kudos to what must be a superior leadership team and happy employees!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stay here almost every time we come to Louisville. Always have a great experience. Friendly staff, clean rooms, everything you expect from Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel is fantastic - attractive lobby and very helpful and friendly staff. The room was great, comfortable beds, quiet location. The breakfast is excellent, with many choices. My only complaint is that breakfast was only served until 9:00am, which is not very flexible for vacationers, especially during peak summer travel months. One of our teens made it downstairs just a few minutes after 9:00am and the staff had put most of the food away. Not all guests are business travelers with early meetings.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Nice place but outside of the city. Taxi cost 30-40 dollas each way from the airport. Rent a car...good breakfast, huge selection included in the room cost. Clean place, friendly staff. Small bar area and it closes early. There is a pub within walking distance maybe a mile away that had live music and was open till the wee hours of the morning.

Room Tip: Very nice place
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stopped here on our way to Tennessee to sleep. The hotel was clean, large and in a safe location. Our beds were very comfortable and we awoke to a really terrific breakfast. The nice chief prepared our omelets to order and cooked our pancakes and waffles while we waited. This was the best hotel free breakfast we have ever had. The work out room was nice too. A very nice spot !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed for a night on our way home from Disney. Very nice hotel! Clean and modern.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 2 occassions for business. The manager's reception each evening and the breakfast each morning were great. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. Each morning, management staff would stand in the lobby wishing you a nice day. It was a nice touch. The biggest downside of this hotel is its location. There are only one or two sit down restaurants and one fast food restaurant within walking distance, and they were not that enjoyable. We had to drive pretty far to find decent dining. Also, it is quite a ways from the airport and downtown Louisville, but convenient to UPS headquarters.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business