“Sitting right now in the nicest Embassy Suites we ever stayed at.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville
Ranked #7 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is my 2nd time here n I def was looking forward to it. Both times arrived late n got great service. Seemed like they had key for me in 30 sec. Beautiful lobby, many nice sitting areas, not incl. the nice dining area. Rooms seem to have a lil more space, kitchenette bigger than most, granite counter tops n upscale feel. Awesome pool area, nice music n sound system n much better than avg workout room. Niiiiiiice place.

• Stayed: August 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Nice clean rooms, awesome made to order breakfast, helpful and courteous staff. Good proximity to a large mall and not far from the interstate. Quiet cul de sac on a Saturday night stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here this past weekend and our stay was great.We were here for a last fling before school starts for our grandson.Was just a very slight mix-up at check in with the rooms(2) not being ready but the staff handled it with exceptional service and taking the luggage up to the room while we went to get a quick bite to eat,even had a small bowl of fresh fruit and drinks waiting in the room on our return.We didn't make the comp. evening reception but breakfast the next morning was fabulous.Cooked to order with omelets,pancakes,french toast and a full very well attended to by servers buffet(no poking around the food,one of my pet peeves).Healthy choices and not so healthy also were included.The pool was nice and clean and comfortable to just sit and watch if you weren't swimming.Overall would not hesitate to stay again and looking forward to it!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I ( mid 50's ) usually have our 8 and 10 yr old grandkids in tow for short trips. We did the Mammoth cave adventure with them and because the local hotels didn't have the greatest reviews I reserved a room in Louisville ( or Lou-a-vul if your local) at The Embassy Suites. We were all hungry and exhausted. The facility appeared new and well attended. Staff was very friendly and helpful - I know that's their job but if their hearts weren't in it the acting was superb. Room service was prompt and better quality than I expected - I recommend the quesadilla's - and everyone with which we came into contact ending the encounter with an earnest "Is there anything else I can help you with. We have stayed at three different Embassy Suites the past six months and this one is the best so far.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here in July while traveling as a solo mom with her three kids. Wanted somewhere that felt secure and quiet. It's a bit off the beaten path from the high way ( we were driving from Atlanta to Chicago), but was great.

Clean pool, manager's open house so free glass of wine for me and chips and sodas for the kids. Very good staff. Great breakfast with cooked to order omelettes, fresh fruit, etc.

Cost a bit more than I usual spend on road trip hotels, but worth every penny.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I agree with all the glowing reviews - rooms spotless, wonderful breakfast, etc. However, I have one minor bone to pick. My wife and I were looking forward to the manager's reception after a long day of sightseeing with the youngsters. I ordered a Manhattan on the rocks. Just one problem: the bartender said he was "new to this bartending thing" and asked me how to make it. That's right. He didn't know how to make a Manhattan. Finally, he looked it up on his smartphone app and then proceeded to carelessly pour random quantities of bourbon ("Early Times" - bleh) and vermouth into a glass. I took one sip and regretted it instantly. Oh well. No Manhattan for me tonight. If I were the manager, I'd be embarrassed to have my name on this event.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WinterFanOhio
Reviewed July 23, 2011

The entire staff was great. We had a minor leak in our room that awoke us in the early morning hours by dripping in our bed. By the time we returned that afternoon, the staff had moved us into another room and replaced everything exactly as it had been in the old room. They also left us a gift basket for our inconvenience. The made to order breakfast and managers reception were delicious. The cooks/ servers/ bartenders were pleasant and courteous. Every thing was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The fitness center was clean and had good equipment. It was home away from home. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business