“Great food and service!”
Review of Soora

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Soora
Ranked #774 of 1,764 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Enjoyed the food and service at Soora. Both of our dishes were presented nicely, tasted wonderful and were served quickly. Our servers were very warm and attentive. Looking forward to a return trip to try more of the items on the menu.

• Visited June 2012

Louisville, KY
“Cozy atmosphere, friendly service and plenty of good Korean food.”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I saw a flyer for this restaurant in my local Asian grocery, and decided to give it a try. It's located in the Goose Creek area, in the location that previously housed Istanbul Palace (and a Mexican/Sinaloan restaurant before that).

The interior is cozy (but not cramped) and relaxing; the decor is surprisingly sparse for an Asian restaurant. I was greeted with a smile, directed to a table and given a menu. The polite, soft-spoken server took my order: bulgogi kimbap as an appetizer and soondubu stew as the entree.

After a short while, the kimbap came first. Kimbap is a Korean variant of sushi; bulgogi is Korean barbecued beef slices. Fusing the two together results, in Soora's case, in a hearty slices of beefy, rice-y goodness-- like futomaki, but with beef. And there was plenty of it, too, a total of 16 slices; it could have whetted the appetites of three or four easily.

Immediately after the kimbap came the banchan, the traditional assortment of spiced side dishes that accompany most Korean meals. Soora gets +1 for including kkaktuki (spicy dished radish and my favorite), and another +1 for not bringing oisobakki (cucumber kimchi, of which I'm not a fan).

Soon afterward, as I was finishing off the last of the kimbap, the soondubu stew-- also known as soondubu jjigae-- arrived, bubbling in an extremely hot pot. The stew took several minutes to cool before I could even venture a taste. (That's by design, folks; an egg is often added to jjigae-type stews, and the extra heat is needed to cook the egg properly.) Soondubu means soft tofu, so this was a mostly vegetarian dish, with soft chunks of tofu and bits of egg with vegetables in a thick and rather spicy broth. It was quite satisfying and, as with the kimbap before it, there was plenty to be had here; I don't think I've had a bowl of jjigae this big, and only for $8.99 for lunch.

I must admit that my lunch bill came to about $20 before tip, but considering the amount and quality of food I received, the $20 was worth it. I may have to bring someone with me netxt time to split the gigantic kimbap.

• Visited March 2012
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Bibimbap heaven”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have been to a Korean Bar_B-Que restaurant but Soora is more of a family style restaurant. I had never had Bibimbap and wow have I missed out. Veggies and meat in a piping hot stone bowl that sizzles and cooks as you eat it. The rice at the bottom becomes crispy. mmmm The service is a little..um, informal but friendly.

• Visited February 2012

Been to Soora? Share your experiences!