“its daft punk!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
mundo
“its daft punk!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

great little weird place... keeping Louisville weird. best fish tacos in Louisville. service is excellent

Visited February 2014

alexandria, va
“so, so meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The food was nothing special. The food sits out in vats and when the server dished out my chorizo for my taco and sweet potato side, she just took it from the top. so the food was kind of dried out. The guacamole tasted bad. I don't know if it had too much lime juice, but it was very tangy and not chunky as I like it.
It was nice to get some chips on the side free.

• Visited March 2014
Rineyville, Kentucky
“Nothing gourmet about them...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Food was ok and I'm sure some of it is better than others. There is nothing goumet about it though. Everything was pre-made and sitting in vats and tasted as such. Everything was really dry too which tells me it was sitting in there for awhile. I had a fish taco, chorizo taco, with chips and beans and rice. Fish was ok, beans and rice lacked flavor and were also dry, and I didn't like the chorizo at all; it tasted sort of like the meat they use at Skyline Chilli, which some like but I do not and certainly don't get the taste in what's supposed to be chorizo. And of course the price does not fit the quality whatsoever. I had a half-priced Groupon and I wouldn't even go back with that again:(

• Visited April 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“We had a great first experience at Taco Punk!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our family went to Taco Punk for lunch yesterday. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed sitting on the patio. My only suggestion for the patio would be to have some umbrellas of the tables. I think the patio was brand new so hoping they will be adding those soon. We were very pleased to find that kids ate free yesterday and that soft drinks were also free. There was a good variety of meals for the kids to choose from and the portions were generous. I had the americana tacos and I thought they were very good. My husband had the chicken and fish tacos and enjoyed both of them as well. The set up of the restaurant is similar to that of a qdoba where you tell them what you want and they make it, you pay and then sit to eat.

As far as service we had never been there and wasn't sure how it worked at first. I did feel the workers could have done a better job of breaking down the menu and how it worked there. I felt a little lost at first but it all worked out.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“It was good, nothing great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I went with a friend at 6:30 on a Thursday night. The ordering system is just like a Qdoba, The line was already pretty long, it took about 15 minutes before we could place our order and we got one of the last tables available. I got the chorizo and potato taco platter, which consisted of two tacos a handful of chips and one side item for nine dollars, But I added a third taco, the pineapple pork taco, because I knew two wouldn't be enough and that was another four dollars. So $13 for three tacos, a few chips and a side seems a little much. The chorizo and potato tacos were very good but they were a little greasy and I was impressed by the tortillas that they didn't fall apart. The pineapple and pork taco was a little dry but still very good. My friend had the Bar beer Coa taco and I didn't care for that at all. I always give restaurants another chance so I will go back again.