“the taco punk experience”
Review of Taco Punk - CLOSED

Taco Punk
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Do not expect table service, but the making of your taco etc is expertly done. Fish tacos, chorizo/potato taco, and many more. Very good sides and a good selection of beers. Great meal and a cool place!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Several friends & I went to the downtown trolley hop this month. No of us had been to Taco Punk so decided to give it a try. What a wonderful surprise! The staff were friendly, informative & very helpful. The pineapple pork tacos were amazing and the atmosphere was fun & exciting. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you are visiting Louisville, you simply should not miss the Market Street corridor, known as NouLou. There are a variety of shops, galleries and restaurants, all owned and operated by entrepreneurs, artists and young restaurateurs.

Taco Punk is a delightful example of edgy decor, green-oriented philosophy, fun, and really good cooking. The concept is a walk-up, cafeteria-style selection of taco combinations that you select as you go. The food is fresh, the sauces are inventive and flavorfully fun. While we were there on a Friday afternoon, we saw families, business folks and tourists - all enjoying the cuisine, the June sunshine and each other's company.

Give this place a try. You won't be disappointed - and the shopping in the area will delight you as well.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Tacos were great, ask employees for recommendations as the options change a lot. Mexican Chocolate ice cream might be the best ice cream I've ever tasted.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was checking out restaurnts in downtown Louisville online trying to find something for dinner. I came across Taco Punk and it piqued my interest. After about a leisurly 15 minute walk from my hotel I came upon Taco Punk. I loved the artsy feel of the patio of this older building that had been repurposed into this restaurant. Inside felt very clean and new.

There was a bit of a line upon entering. But once I sat down and started eating, I found it was well worth the wait.

I had the Pineapple Pork Taco Punk Platter with yellow rice. Everything was very fresh, tasty and flavorful. You could definitely tell that they make it all from scratch in house. The salsa verde was great and the pineapple habanero salsa was the right mix of sweet and spicy.

I wish I lived in the area because I would definitely be frequenting this place often for lunch and dinner!