“No way, Jose.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Leitchfield, KY
“No way, Jose.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Worst tacos EVER. The tortillas tasted like they were chemically tainted. I've lived in L.A., travelled Texas extensively and have Mexican in-laws- I don't know who told Taco Punk they are selling tacos, but they need to rethink their menu.

Visited March 2012

Kentucky
“great atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My son, daughter in law and I stopped in for a quick bite at lunch. The food was surprisingly good especially given some of the so-so reviews. I loved the ability to pick different sauces on a separate station. I had the fish tacos which I personally thought were fabulous. The food is slightly overpriced however which in my opinion is the only downfall. I would recommend you give it a try if you are looking for a new twist on a traditional quisine.

• Visited May 2012
Southern Indiana
“Wasted potential...”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Being in the Nu-Lu district, the gang of us had hoped for something along the lines of so many of the great eating establishments nearby.

It's a great location, has a funky vibe to it, but the food was only just okay, and was served luke-warm. I know they have just opened recently, and maybe were experiencing "newness" issues, so I may give them another chance, but with so many great places to eat in Louisville, being just better than average doesn't cut it...

Visited April 2012
“Good atmosphere. Horrible food.”
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

This place is really neat inside, but the food is no where near worth the price.

1 Thank Kobe21206
Louisville, Kentucky
“Had high hopes”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I really liked the idea of the place: fresh, local, organic. Run by an actual, local chef: very cool.

My $9 salad was only slightly bigger than other restaurants' side salads. I had to throw out two pieces of lettuce because they were rotting at one end (NOT fresh). I'm not sure where they were going with the dressing, and the small amount of chicken was burnt.
My son liked his chicken tacos--was impressed that the tortillas did not fall apart. He did not like the queso, but it seemed OK to me.

Overall, too expensive for the quality and quantity of food. With the preponderance of similar restaurants (e.g. Qdoba, Moe's, Chipotle) that provide good quality and value themselves, they must do better. What I expected was a notch above the competition. What I got was not. I'll have to hear about some improvement before I'll return.

• Visited May 2012