“Fine for one night”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville
Ranked #52 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
“Fine for one night”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stopped here for one night on our way through Kentucky. We were allowed to look at a room before we paid and it looked fine. The man at the desk was very professional. When we got to our room there was an area on the bathroom floor that was really sticky. We sacrificed a towel and cleaned it ourselves. There were also some loose floor tiles in front of the bathroom as well. Not a huge deal more like "what the heck?" Overall I'd say the room was quite clean. My biggest problem was that the room looked like it was recently refurbished and the work was done quite sloppily.
I will say again that it was OK for one night. The sheets and towels were clean. Breakfast was OK. Nothing memorable. Our stay totaled $105 after taxes etc. for a regular room with two queen beds. Would I stay here again? Yes. Would I seek it out? No.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaperTiger67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We had the handicap room. It was spacious and clean but the bathroom is not suitable for wheelchairs. Sink is too close to toilet for transfers and the tub has a high side. The bed is also too high for transfers but it is clean and comfortable. The toiletries are minimal, just a bar of soap and one container of shampoo.

The breakfast has a lot to be desired. As said earlier, no proteins and the coffee is extremely weak.

When we were loading the car for departure a staff member who drives a silver Lexus pulls into a
Handicap parking slot, gives us a gruff good morning and entered into the hotel. There wasn't a handicap tag anywhere on the car. The only reason I knew he was staff was his jacket bearing the La Quinta name. Not a friendly person.

The hotel is roughly $20 cheaper than the other La Quinta in the region. I just don't know if it is worth it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ladyskin
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY!

We recently booked 5 rooms at this property for customers coming to town in May 2014 for the KY Derby next month. We booked the property based on the terms and conditions of being able to cancel up to 1 day before the date as stated on our reservation and that our credit card would not be charged until that time.

WRONG, they charged my credit card for the first night x 5 rooms. We cancelled the reservation on April 16, 2014 after visitng the property and are still waiting for the credit on the account. I called this morning, April 22, and spoke to a spineless assistant manager, David, and was told his management would not allow him to give us the credit.

La Quinta on Alliant Ave is not a winner here as the hotel will NEVER get any future businss from our company nor will I EVER recommend this property to others.

FYI ... I have disputed the charge with both the booking website and my credit card company and they assure me that the credit will be applied shortly and they will deal with the hotel owners/management.

Room Tip: Avoid this property
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank K V
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 17, 2014

First of all, I have stayed at La Quintas in 5 different states and this was by far the worst. I disagree with the reviewer below that says that you need to expect a little barking in the morning and evening. There is a reason I own cats and not dogs! Not all dogs I've been around are obnoxious yappers, but the ones in that hotel during my stay were. Seriously, if you cannot keep your dogs from barking, especially when you are not in your room, then take them with you or don't bring them at all! Pet friendly hotel does not translate into a doggy day care. When I went to the front desk to let them know that I had to turn my t.v. way up to block out the barking, I was met with hostility and a front desk clerk that made me stand there while she went through all the rooms around mine and informed me that no one had dogs in their rooms. Okay, so I'm hearing things?

I only happened to be awake for one breakfast, and that was only because I was awake at 7am, after working in my room until 4am. I went downstairs to grab a quick doughnut so that I could eat something while I continued to get some work completed. The doughnut was rock hard and totally stale. Like another reviewer, I too found ants in my room, so someone should really look into getting an exterminator in there. Luckily, I saw them the morning that I went to check out, or else I would have asked for a different room.

No Elite welcome, hostile employees, ants in my room, stale food, and obnoxious dogs (after some investigation, I was informed that it was not just one dog barking, but THREE) and the only way I will stay at this La Quinta again is if every hotel room in Louisville is sold out.

Room Tip: Until management is changed, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingD78
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a hard time finding the entrance initially upon arrival in the dark -- GPS took us to a parking lot close by but you couldn't get to the hotel from there without going out and coming around again. Frustrating. Once we arrived at the hotel, the front desk guy was a little persnickety about our having dogs which is odd since LQs are known for being "dog friendly." We also learned that the indoor pool (which is tiny) had just closed for the night -- disappointing, but given the size, not that big of a loss.

We had rented two adjoining rooms -- a king and a two queen-bed. The rooms were adequate but not as expected. Unfortunately, when I first sat down at the desk and started working, an ant crawled across the desk. Ick. Only one I saw but I HATE ants!

Breakfast lacked proteins -- complete carbs. NOT diabetic friendly! (My daughter is Type I diabetic, so we're sensitive to that.)

We did not hear any dogs barking while we were there. Trash cans were provided outside for the dogs' potty bags.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mommasavannah
Fort Collins, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very nice staff and clean, quiet hotel. They allow dogs so you need to expect a little barking in the morning and evening, though never bothersome. Breakfast was heavy on the carbs, though lots of variety. Gym and pool are both small, but clean. GREAT location:)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
East Louisville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Comfort Suites East
#4 of 9 in Jeffersontown

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville? Share your experiences!