“Thin Crust Failure?”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Overall, our dinner was good and we'll likely visit again, if anything to try the Deep Dish option. Service was excellent - motivated and informed - with the ideal amount of attention; thank you, Alex.

The Signature Trio appetizer tasted like pizza 3-ways, while managing to not call itself pizza. The craft beer flight was entertaining and interesting, albeit sans beer names/types. The salads were tasty, although I can't say I've ever salted my caprese salad before - and certainly not with generous amounts of sea salt.

Then the pizza came. Thin crust pizza, in my understanding, it generally cracker-crisp, or at least sturdy enough to eat with hands - like pizza. The middle of our 16" thin crust was soggy and limp, and of similar texture to raw pasta dough. I don't like to eat pizza with fork and knife, unless I have to. This was one of those situations - but with a thin crust pizza? I left confused and disappointed we didn't get the 'Chicago' deep dish.

The fact that I could comfortably watch 3 football games while I ate and drank helped this review up to 4 out of 5.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We love coming here bc the food is always so good. Today we came in while a game was playing so we split the happy hour Wings n Sicilian Pepperoni Rolls, you get three large pepperoni rolls and 5 wings for $7.49. We also ordered a hawaiian pizza that was awesome, and a small Mediterranean salad. All was wonderful and fresh! We are huge fans of old Chicago!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Loved this restaurant. Great food and wonderful service. A great atmosphere to have a meal with friends after a long day of work. My meal was under $8. Would recommend to anyone. The restaurant was very clean.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you want good tasting pizza in a fun and clean atmosphere be sure to visit Old Chicago in Louisville, KY Service was excellent!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stopped at Old Chicago for lunch today. We were seated immediately. The hostess told us about the $9.99 special - appetizer and entree. Signs were on the table for the $5.99 all you can eat soup and salad. We both had the special with pizz. I had a salad and my spouse had the fried pickles. (Really couldn't tell they were pickles because of the breading and sauce.) I ordered a veggie pizza but it came with pepperoni. It was very doughy. Service was good. However, when we were ready to pay the check we asked about the salad bar. The waiter then told us that there was also an all you can eat pizza bar (includes a salad) for only $7.49! We could have saved several dollars. The waiter did point out that there was a sign - over our heads blocked by a light fixture. There are a lot of restaurants in the area - try one.

1  Thank RBeam