“Okay Food”

Old Chicago
Ranked #505 of 1,767 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Okay Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stopped at Old Chicago for lunch today. We were seated immediately. The hostess told us about the $9.99 special - appetizer and entree. Signs were on the table for the $5.99 all you can eat soup and salad. We both had the special with pizz. I had a salad and my spouse had the fried pickles. (Really couldn't tell they were pickles because of the breading and sauce.) I ordered a veggie pizza but it came with pepperoni. It was very doughy. Service was good. However, when we were ready to pay the check we asked about the salad bar. The waiter then told us that there was also an all you can eat pizza bar (includes a salad) for only $7.49! We could have saved several dollars. The waiter did point out that there was a sign - over our heads blocked by a light fixture. There are a lot of restaurants in the area - try one.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank RBeam

Louisville, Kentucky
“Super Italian food but some changes need to be made”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I love the calzones at Old Chicago. They are the best and keep me coming back. I never have any difficulty there, by my dining companion, who drinks beer, does. Old Chicago has a "rewards" program for their beer drinkers. They have beer tours, encouraging you to try different beers each month. There is a black chalkboard on the wall in the middle of the dining area with the day's beers. Sometimes the board is not up to date, so you have to ask the server. The problem gets to be that either no one knows the manager's choice of the day, or the restaurant is out of beer. Every time. And we eat there a lot. So because there is nothing written to read at the table here for beer, we either have to get out of our seat to go read the blackboard, or have the server write it down after he or she "comes right back" because they never can recite the beers of the day. It seems so simple: pick the beers of the day, and put the daggone list on each table! It becomes like this "mystery" and you have to jump through hoops just to find out the beers, then when you decide, 1/2 the time the answer is "we are out of that". THEN comes the time to be rewarded for all the money you have spent on beer there. You get a t shirt or sweatshirt, but somehow if you are a small, they only have XL, and don't seem to have the right size, and seem to just expect you to take what they have instead of saying, sorry we are out of your size, let me take your name and number and we will get the size you need immediately and contact you. It's not fair to promote earning shirts, getting you to spend money, only to have them say, sorry, we only have XL.

We come back for the food, not the service. The whole beer program needs to be revamped at this restaurant. I have not visited another location so I don't know if it's this way at all locations. The food is always good. One another piece of advice: if you get the macaroni fried, they don't say on the menu that it comes on a plate sitting on barbecue sauce, and this ruins the flavor of the macaroni. So if you don't want your macaroni on bbq sauce remember to ask for it left off. There is outdoor seating but it's smoking.

• Visited June 2012
Perryville,ky
“VERY GOOD PIZZA”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Ordered a pizza half and half that was up to the Old Chicago quality. Service was also very good.

• Visited June 2012
Illinois
“Very nice place to eat”
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Great beer selection but I didn't read very well. When I seen old Chicago I figured that they would have the deep pan pizza with the sauce on top but it says Chicago style crust Still very good and good service

Tennessee
“Yummy and great beer selection”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Having spent years working at a Chicago style pizza restaurant, you would think I would have already had my fill of Chicago style pizza. However, my awesome hubby and I went to this restaurant because my sweetness loves good beer. We discovered that not only is the beer selection full of awesome, I even had one, but the Chicago style pizza is delicious to boot! Annnndddd, this restaurant got its start in Boulder, Co., which makes it that much cooler! But my husband and I are partial to Boulder as that's where part of my family lives and Colorado has some really good local beer! If you like dark beer, my advice is try the Xingu Black Beer (that's the one I had) and it pairs well with a lighter type of pizza. The waitress was cool and helpful and had a good sense of humor. The pizza was yummy and really, it was worth the cost. We will be going back tonite as my husband has 4/8 more beers to drink before he earns his free t-shirt! It's the little things in life that make us smile...right? Again, I recommend this restaurant if your schtick is pizza and beer.

• Visited May 2012

Been to Old Chicago? Share your experiences!