“Nice Surprise”

Troll Pub Under the Bridge
Reserve with OpenTable
Troll Pub Under the Bridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,852 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
Transit: We are part of the Downtown Trolley stops, and the Friday night Trolley Hop.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Certainly much more than Bar food. We have the jalapena ravioli appetizer. I had angry Chicken Alfredo . DW had fish and chips. Really tasty and flavorful. DW had lunch there later in the week to try bacon jam and grilled cheese which she enjoyed

Really liked this place

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I came across the pub randomly as I explored the waterfront park. The pub has lots of character and history. The cavernous dining room and bar is great! I tried the "Hot Brown" which is a traditional meal. Open faced sandwich on sourdough bread, sliced turkey, tomato, bacon and an Alfredo type sauce. I also tried their cuvée des troll beer. The beer was only 10 oz for $8 - was great tasting but overpriced for the serving. I sat at the bar and the bartender was fairly nice but not overly helpful.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went there for lunch during the weekend. I tried the bacon jam cheese sandwich on sourdough bread. If you like sweet bacon flavor you will enjoy this. I also had a bacon soup which was excellent. The price was good and the service friendly.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a wonderful meal during a recent stay in Louisville.

We started with jalapeno ravioli and the beer cheese, both of these starters were delicious and seemed to taste better than you would expect from the ingredients used. For the main course we had a hot brown and an angry alfredo, both were fantastic.

There is also a selection of beers and cocktails which will need to be investigated further as there are so many to choose from.

However even with such good food and drinks the most important thing is service, and they certainly know how to do that here. Our waiter was attentive without being annoying, helpful without being overly familier, in fact this was the best service I have ever had at a restaurant.
He even offered to take pictures of my wife and I with the troll when we were leaving.

The parting comment from him was that he had enjoyed serving us as he normally only works in the kitchen.....I think maybe the manager needs to look at a finding an new kitchen helper cos this guy was great on the tables.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Get the chicken fingers with the Lime Ranch dressing...it has a little kick and is amazing. They have a great beer selection and the manager seems to be right on top of things as he helps the staff out to ensure great service. You have to go here. Parking can be a bit of a challenge, but well worth it. Other folks around us were also raving about their food as well.